The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect COBOL jobs in Limerick Ireland. Browse through a large selection of COBOL roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract COBOL jobs and permanent COBOL jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all COBOL jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: COBOL , IBM MAINFRAME
Description: Cobol Mainframe developer (mid level)required for top Financial Services Company based in Dublin...
Description: Cobol Mainframe developer (mid level)required for top Financial Services Company based in Dublin.
The role of the Mainframe Analyst Programmer is an integral one in the delivery of quality, fit for purpose solutions developed on the Mainframe based platform, delivered within agreed deadlines, and to the required quality standards, in order to meet the business requirements of internal customers.
The successful candidate will:
• Work at the direction of the IT Team Lead in the execution of assigned business application development projects
• Have an ability to lead Development phases of small to large projects, often complex in nature.
• Support Analysis of business requirements from a technical point of view and provide input into the technical direction of the project that best support the business requirements and overall IT architecture and strategy
• Interpret Functional Specifications to deliver Technical Specifications in line with design standards that accurately detail the technical solutions to be implemented and supported on Bank IT systems
• Complete development assignments such that programs support the approved project requirements and follow the agreed upon Technical Design
• Undertake production support and warranty activities as required.
• You may be required to perform On call duties
• Subject to capacity demands and given skill sets, there may be a requirement to undertake duties in either the Production Support team or Solutions Team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• IBM Mainframe exposure and experience - COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM, Fileaid and Xpeditor
• IT qualification preferably to degree standard or similar
• Minimum 1-2 years development experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Retail Banking (particularly Mortgages) and Financial Services Systems.
In addition candidates should have:
• Very Strong analytical, design and development skills with a clear and concise understanding of all aspects of a Development lifecycle
• Excellent communication skills - effective verbal and written communication skills of both technical and business nature
• Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Excellent self starter with the capability to show drive and resilience to take initiative in a demanding environment
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to focus on the customer and deliver to deadlines
• Excellent technical acumen and problem solving skills
• An ability to learn and understand complex business and IT systems and processes
• Excellent PC skills with a strong knowledge of MS Office products
Skills: Cobol, CICS, Fileaid, JCL.
For further information and to apply please email an updated CV to Nollaig@eolas.ie or call 01 286 6666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: COBOL , IBM MAINFRAME ,
Description: Cobol Mainframe/ EAE (LINC) Developer required for top Financial Services Company based in Cork...
Description: Cobol Mainframe/ EAE (LINC) Developer required for top Financial Services Company based in Cork.
Understand and convert complex business requirements into a format that can be implemented on the Unibanks System using the development environment EAE.
Reporting to the IT Delivery Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to:
• Assist the business analyst when designing solutions that best support the business requirements.
• Assist in the production of estimates/business cases
• Develop those solutions
• Adhere to IT Project Methodology & Standards
• Work with a team to ensure quality assurance.
• Deliver on multiple projects concurrently and move between technologies
The ideal candidate will have a third level IT qualification and a detailed knowledge of Retail Banking or Financial Services Systems.
They will have proven programming experience, ideally using EAE (formerly LINC). In the absence of EAE experience Cobol/other 3Gl experience would be considered
They will also possess:
• An ability to learn and understand complex business processes
• A capability to work on their own initiative in a demanding environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• A desire to develop their IT competency through training and education
• Strong team work and cross functional collaboration
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
Apply now to Nollaig@eolas.ie for full details. Eolas are a preferred Supplier and will guarantee quick turnaround.
This is a 23 month fixed term contract with full benefits package available
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a COBOL wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of COBOL jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top COBOL jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
COBOL2 COBRA CODA COGEN COGNOS COLDFUSION COLT COM COM+ Commitment Based Management COMPASS COOL:Gen CORBA COSEC CREDIT CARD CRM CRYSTAL REPORTS CSP CVP CYBORG DANISH DATA MODELING DATABASE ADMIN DATABASIC DATADICTIONARY DATAEASE DATAFIT DATAFLEX Datastage DATAWAREHOUSING DB2