The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect DATABASE ADMIN jobs in Dublin Ireland. Browse through a large selection of DATABASE ADMIN roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract DATABASE ADMIN jobs and permanent DATABASE ADMIN jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: ORACLE , DATABASE ADMIN , SQL , MS SQL SERVER
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires a Oracle DBA to join their team to be responsible for providing specialist advice and/or support to end users on IT applications and systems...
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires a Oracle DBA to join their team to be responsible for providing specialist advice and/or support to end users on IT applications and systems.
The successful applicant will contribute to the overall success of the organisation by working effectively to design, develop, test and implement quality database solutions to support the IT systems. The IT equipment associated with is located in Dublin and Belfast and both sites must be maintained in an operational state on a highly available basis. The role is Dublin based but occasional travel to Belfast is required .
• Primarily responsible for providing specialist advice and/or support to end users on IT applications and systems within required timelines; in particular in relation to Oracle, Microsoft SQL and MySQL
• First point of contact for identifying, prioritising and resolving database issues, for both production and non production environments, including dealing with database refreshes and daily tasks, backups and restores
• Supporting and improving the database environments, to ensure 24x7 availability, including back-up and disaster recovery and coordinating and reviewing database security for all environments
• Analyse, plan and implement upgrade projects as agreed
• Apply specialist knowledge of IS applications and systems to contribute to policy, process and planning, and produce system / policy documentation as required
• Manage small/medium projects/work activities or sections of larger projects and interact with stakeholders to ensure business requirements are met; for example working with the functional team and business users to support production and non-production databases.
• Capable of making decisions on assigned projects within the objectives and strategy guidelines of the IS department and an ability to work outside established procedures but within a policy framework
• Liaise with external agencies and suppliers as required
• Provide technical guidance to more junior team members as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Relevant degree with 4-5 years experience (including 1-2 years specialist experience in an Oracle DBA support role)
• Strong proficiency in Oracle, with strong Oracle 10g & 11g background
• Strong knowledge of Oracle running on Linux
• Working knowledge of operating within a Windows 2008 environment, Replication and Data Guard, RMAN backup and recovery, SQL and PL/SQL coding
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and work planning abilities
• Ability to lead and take responsibility for small/medium projects
• Demonstrated flexibility and motivational skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and meet deadlines.
• Oracle RAC experience
• Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager and system monitoring
This is an excellent role with a leading client in Dublin. They are looking for a solid DBA and will pay a salary based on experience. Should you be interested please contact Stephen Daly on 01 2866666 or email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Please register your CV with us on the following link:- www.eolas.ie/reg_form.php
Skill set: ORACLE , DATABASE ADMIN , SQL Server , DBA
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a DATABASE ADMIN wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of DATABASE ADMIN jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top DATABASE ADMIN jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
DATABASIC DATADICTIONARY DATAEASE DATAFIT DATAFLEX Datastage DATAWAREHOUSING DB2 DBASE DCOM DEC DEC FORMS DEC VAX DECNET DEI DELPHI DELTA DESIGNER 2000 DEVELOPER 2000 DFDSS DHCP DISPLAYWRITE DL1 Doc1 DREAMWEAVER DSDM DTP DUTCH EASYTRIEVE ECLIPSE ECNE