The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect DATABASE ADMIN jobs in Dublin Ireland. Browse through a large selection of DATABASE ADMIN roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract DATABASE ADMIN jobs and permanent DATABASE ADMIN jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: ORACLE , DATABASE ADMIN
Description: My Dublin City Centre based client (IFSC) is currently recruiting for a Global Database Manager...
Description: My Dublin City Centre based client (IFSC) is currently recruiting for a Global Database Manager. This is a permanent role for a leading Financial organisation and they are looking for someone within 4-8 weeks. The package will be a 6 figure package which includes (Bonus, Pension, Health and all the trimings). Travel will be part of the role but it will be 20% per annum and mainly to US East Coast.
The Global Database Manager is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and integrity of Investments databases across all of our locations. Primary focus will be databases/devices dedicated to delivering global services arising from the implementation of a new Asset management system and the global expansion of Enterprise Data Management EDM suite. Secondary focus will be to ensure all local/regional databases managed within all locations are managed according to best practice. The Global Database Manager will report to the Global Head of IT.
Roles and Responsibilities
" Ensuring the availability to the databases and devices supporting the EDM environment
" Ensuring best practice management of Production, DR, UAT and Development environments
" Performance Management and Tuning
" Management of Key vendors (Oracle, Teradata)
" Development of Global Database strategy aligned to our future application roadmap
" Manage and deliver strategy in alignment with Global IT
" Management of Global DBAs across all locations
" Work across all IT and Data Management functions in order to ensure effective delivery of "fit for purpose" data
" Experience managing teams
" Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non- technical audiences
" 8+ years' experience with complex database systems, data integration, and analysis
" Experience with both OLTP and Data Warehouse environment
" Strong knowledge of ETL, Business Intelligence and Campaign Management tools and applications. (DataStage/Informatica, Business Object/Cognos/Microstrategy, Unica/SAS etc.)
" .NET Integration experience is desired
" Experience with device systems such as Teradata, Exedata
" Experience with multiple RDBMS (Oracle, Netezza, SQL Server, etc)
" Ability to multi task and project manage in high productivity environment
" Research and propose cost effective technical solutions to address business challenges such as improvement of development, processes and governance standards
" Perform resource management, forecasting, leadership, and teambuilding
" Manage career paths by coaching and mentoring direct and indirect reports
" Skilled at working and communicating cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical groups
" Must be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in a written format. Must possess skills in expressing ideas and providing information to others and eliciting same
" Takes lead on all augmentation / clean- up of existing data sources and ensures constituent data is fresh, current and as enhanced as possible to ensure the most effective use of all the information available
If you are interested in this role can you please send in an Updated CV to email@example.com or call 01 286 6666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Elaine Hanlon Skills Keywords: MS Office , DATABASE ADMIN
Description: Application Support Analyst Permanent Role Due to large upcoming projects my North Dublin based client is looking for an Application Support Analyst to join their existing team...
Description: Application Support Analyst
Due to large upcoming projects my North Dublin based client is looking for an Application Support Analyst to join their existing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in progressing their career to come on board with this fast growing company at an exciting time in their expansion.
• Administration of their large application suite
• Trouble shooting
• Analysing business requirements
• Compliance Regulation
• Knowledge of MS Office and SQL
• Good written and Oral communication skills
• Bsc in Computer Science or related
• Self Motivated and ability to work under pressure
• 3-5 years experience in similar role
If you are interested in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Elaine on 01-2866666.
SKILLS: MS Office, SQL
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin North West Contact: Elaine Hanlon Skills Keywords: DATABASE ADMIN , SQL SERVER
Description: IT SUPPORT ENGINEER Due to large upcoming projects my North Dublin based client is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join their existing team...
Description: IT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Due to large upcoming projects my North Dublin based client is looking for an IT Support Engineer to join their existing team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in progressing their career to come on board with this fast growing company at an exciting time in their expansion.
• Maintain office IT Infrastructure
• Monitor user Helpdesk
• Maintain Backup Solutions
• Network Installation and administration
• Knowlege of MS Database Management, replication and reporting
• Knowledge of MS SQL Server and SQL Scripting skills
• Knowledge of Firewall
• Trouble shooting
• Good communication skills
• 3-5 years experience in related field
If you are interested in applying for this role please email email@example.com or contact Elaine on 01-2866666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Co Meath Contact: Elaine Hanlon Skills Keywords: ANALYSIS , DATABASE ADMIN , SQL
Description: Financial App Support Analyst My client is looking for a motivated and ambitious individual to join the team as a Production Support Analyst...
Description: Financial App Support Analyst
My client is looking for a motivated and ambitious individual to join the team as a Production Support Analyst.
Provide business and technical support of the administration system
• Receiving / logging support calls and issues
• Analysing problems, including root cause analysis
• Communication with other system support teams
• Defining possible solutions/ rectification
• Liaising with 3rd party Supplier for system changes
• Implementing scripts and code/data fixes
• System, Functional and Integration Testing to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and production
• Regression testing (utilising automated tools)
• Production Support/Development experience or similar
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Delivery and quality focused
• Willing and able to adapt to new technologies.
• Financial Sector experience
• Appreciation of complimentary disciplines (eg programming, database administration)
• Experience of utilising SQL
• Experience of structured testing
• Experience of automated testing tools
If you are interested in this postion please contact Elaine Hanlon on 01-2866666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: ORACLE , DATABASE ADMIN , SQL , MS SQL SERVER
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires a Oracle DBA to join their team to be responsible for providing specialist advice and/or support to end users on IT applications and systems...
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires a Oracle DBA to join their team to be responsible for providing specialist advice and/or support to end users on IT applications and systems.
The successful applicant will contribute to the overall success of the organisation by working effectively to design, develop, test and implement quality database solutions to support the IT systems. The IT equipment associated with is located in Dublin and Belfast and both sites must be maintained in an operational state on a highly available basis. The role is Dublin based but occasional travel to Belfast is required .
• Primarily responsible for providing specialist advice and/or support to end users on IT applications and systems within required timelines; in particular in relation to Oracle, Microsoft SQL and MySQL
• First point of contact for identifying, prioritising and resolving database issues, for both production and non production environments, including dealing with database refreshes and daily tasks, backups and restores
• Supporting and improving the database environments, to ensure 24x7 availability, including back-up and disaster recovery and coordinating and reviewing database security for all environments
• Analyse, plan and implement upgrade projects as agreed
• Apply specialist knowledge of IS applications and systems to contribute to policy, process and planning, and produce system / policy documentation as required
• Manage small/medium projects/work activities or sections of larger projects and interact with stakeholders to ensure business requirements are met; for example working with the functional team and business users to support production and non-production databases.
• Capable of making decisions on assigned projects within the objectives and strategy guidelines of the IS department and an ability to work outside established procedures but within a policy framework
• Liaise with external agencies and suppliers as required
• Provide technical guidance to more junior team members as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Relevant degree with 4-5 years experience (including 1-2 years specialist experience in an Oracle DBA support role)
• Strong proficiency in Oracle, with strong Oracle 10g & 11g background
• Strong knowledge of Oracle running on Linux
• Working knowledge of operating within a Windows 2008 environment, Replication and Data Guard, RMAN backup and recovery, SQL and PL/SQL coding
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and work planning abilities
• Ability to lead and take responsibility for small/medium projects
• Demonstrated flexibility and motivational skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and meet deadlines.
• Oracle RAC experience
• Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager and system monitoring
This is an excellent role with a leading client in Dublin. They are looking for a solid DBA and will pay a salary based on experience. Should you be interested please contact Stephen Daly on 01 2866666 or email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Please register your CV with us on the following link:- www.eolas.ie/reg_form.php
Skill set: ORACLE , DATABASE ADMIN , SQL Server , DBA
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a DATABASE ADMIN wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of DATABASE ADMIN jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top DATABASE ADMIN jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
DATABASIC DATADICTIONARY DATAEASE DATAFIT DATAFLEX Datastage DATAWAREHOUSING DB2 DBASE DCOM DEC DEC FORMS DEC VAX DECNET DEI DELPHI DELTA DESIGNER 2000 DEVELOPER 2000 DFDSS DHCP DISPLAYWRITE DL1 Doc1 DREAMWEAVER DSDM DTP DUTCH EASYTRIEVE ECLIPSE ECNE