The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect IBM MAINFRAME jobs in Carlow Ireland. Browse through a large selection of IBM MAINFRAME roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract IBM MAINFRAME jobs and permanent IBM MAINFRAME jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all IBM MAINFRAME jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: COBOL , IBM MAINFRAME
Description: Cobol Mainframe developer (mid level)required for top Financial Services Company based in Dublin...
Description: Cobol Mainframe developer (mid level)required for top Financial Services Company based in Dublin.
The role of the Mainframe Analyst Programmer is an integral one in the delivery of quality, fit for purpose solutions developed on the Mainframe based platform, delivered within agreed deadlines, and to the required quality standards, in order to meet the business requirements of internal customers.
The successful candidate will:
• Work at the direction of the IT Team Lead in the execution of assigned business application development projects
• Have an ability to lead Development phases of small to large projects, often complex in nature.
• Support Analysis of business requirements from a technical point of view and provide input into the technical direction of the project that best support the business requirements and overall IT architecture and strategy
• Interpret Functional Specifications to deliver Technical Specifications in line with design standards that accurately detail the technical solutions to be implemented and supported on Bank IT systems
• Complete development assignments such that programs support the approved project requirements and follow the agreed upon Technical Design
• Undertake production support and warranty activities as required.
• You may be required to perform On call duties
• Subject to capacity demands and given skill sets, there may be a requirement to undertake duties in either the Production Support team or Solutions Team.
The ideal candidate will have:
• IBM Mainframe exposure and experience - COBOL, JCL, CICS, VSAM, Fileaid and Xpeditor
• IT qualification preferably to degree standard or similar
• Minimum 1-2 years development experience.
• Detailed knowledge of Retail Banking (particularly Mortgages) and Financial Services Systems.
In addition candidates should have:
• Very Strong analytical, design and development skills with a clear and concise understanding of all aspects of a Development lifecycle
• Excellent communication skills - effective verbal and written communication skills of both technical and business nature
• Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Excellent self starter with the capability to show drive and resilience to take initiative in a demanding environment
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to focus on the customer and deliver to deadlines
• Excellent technical acumen and problem solving skills
• An ability to learn and understand complex business and IT systems and processes
• Excellent PC skills with a strong knowledge of MS Office products
Skills: Cobol, CICS, Fileaid, JCL.
For further information and to apply please email an updated CV to Nollaig@eolas.ie or call 01 286 6666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Test Analyst Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: TESTER , BANKING , FINANCIAL SERVICES , IBM MAINFRAME
Description: Excellent Test Analyst role available in Cork with a Top Financial Services Company...
Description: Excellent Test Analyst role available in Cork with a Top Financial Services Company.
Involves testing new software developments ensuring delivery of the functionality according to the business requirements.
Reporting to the Testing Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to:
Understand the purpose and requirements of new system developments.
Develop a suitable test strategy for each development.
Contribute to overall project plans.
Translate the business requirements into the creation of appropriate test plans.
Test the new development to ensure the release is free from defects.
Adhere to standards and procedures.
Sign off the test results for transfer to the production environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a testing environment, preferably in a Mainframe Environment or retail banking. They should have an understanding of both business and IT systems. Ideally they should also have:
• An ability to learn and understand complex business processes
• The capability to work on their own initiative in a demanding environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Good PC skills with a knowledge of MS Office products
• A desire to develop their IT competency through training and education
My Client is ideally looking for someone who has exposure to Mainframe Testing.
Please send your updated CV ASAP for immediate review.
For further information and to apply please send an updated CV to Nollaig@eolas.ie or call 01 286 6666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: IBM MAINFRAME
Description: Excellent Permanent role based in Cork for an IT Operator The primary purpose of the IT Operator role is to work in the Operations Centre which provides IT Services to the business areas covering...
Description: Excellent Permanent role based in Cork for an IT Operator
The primary purpose of the IT Operator role is to work in the Operations Centre which provides IT Services to the business areas covering Batch Scheduling, Monitoring, Alerting, Reporting, Backup & Recovery. This position involves working shift hours.
The IT Operator is accountable for:
• Manage the batch schedule through to completion
• Ensure that all requests are processed in a timely manner without affecting online service.
• Manage the resolution and escalation of alerts from the monitoring tools.
• Produce client correspondence output across the group.
• Maintain and support our change control procedures to ensure that quality changes are implemented with efficiency and ease.
• Assist with cross-training of all staff in the Operations Centre.
• Provide general support for IT Development areas, including provision of support for projects and the implementation of new products.
• Provide prompt and efficient problem analysis and solving across all platforms.
• Provide first level support if an issue arises during shift.
• Liaise with the Service Desk during system problems.
• Complete all checklists, communications and reports in a timely fashion.
• Participate and support the Continuous Improvement initiatives in the IT dept.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Familiarity with some or all of the following would be essential:
• Mainframe Operating system
• Excellent PC & MS Skills in utilising Word & Excel
• OPC/A & TWS Scheduling Tools
• JCL – mainframe job control language
• FTP - File transfer
• Connect Direct – File transfer
• StorageTek Tape Library
• Commvault Backup Software
• Knowledge of Windows, Office and Exchange.
• An understanding of Monitoring, Capacity and Performance Management.
• An understanding of Backup & Recovery processes and technology.
• Knowledge of ITIL Service, Change and Problem management processes.
• A third level IT qualification.
Please apply with your updated CV to Nollaig@eolas.ie to hear more.
Salary for this role will be circa €28k plus 28% shift allowance.
Please register your CV with us on the following link:- www.eolas.ie/reg_form.php
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a IBM MAINFRAME wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of IBM MAINFRAME jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top IBM MAINFRAME jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
IBM PC IBM RS6000 ICL IDEAL IDMS IEF IIS IMS IMS DB/DC INFOMAN INFORMIX INFORMIX ON-LINE INFORMIX SQL INGRES INSTALL/1 INSURANCE INSURE 90 INTEL Intelligent Networks INTERNET INTERNET PROTOCOL INTRANET INVESTMENT BANKING iOS IPBX IPL IPX ISDN ISDX ISEB ISERIES