The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect LINUX jobs in Dublin Ireland. Browse through a large selection of LINUX roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract LINUX jobs and permanent LINUX jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Darragh Heavey Skills Keywords: TESTER , UNIX , LINUX , JAVA
Description: Non Functional Tester The Non Functional Software Tester will contribute to planning & testing functions to ensure that projects meet organisational standards and user requirements...
Description: Non Functional Tester
The Non Functional Software Tester will contribute to planning & testing functions to ensure that projects meet organisational standards and user requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Create, design and execute Non-Functional tests on a UNIX/LINUX 3 tier platform
• Understand complex testing results and quantify them into “bite size” analysis for other team members and/or senior management
• Create and design dashboards from complex logs with SPLUNK, “Operational Intelligence” Software
• Understand technical outputs such as “Performance logging”, CPU, Garbage Collection, Network, etc.
• Work on a highly driven team to deliver rapid testing for multiple clients
• Work with the development and product teams to understand the Non-functional requirements
• Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and escalate identified risks as and when they occur
• Assist development and product teams in bottleneck investigation
• Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality
Professional / Academic
• 2.1 Bachelor’s degree or Masters in computer science or equivalent
• 3-5 years Non-Functional Testing Experience
• Experience with Unix (e.g. Solaris) & Linux (e.g. Red Hat)
• Exposure to and having used Non-Functional test tools to simulate running multiple process in parallel
• Scripting (e.g. Shell Bash)
• Experience with JEE/Java platforms
• Exposure with SPLUNK or other “Operational Intelligence” software
• Relational Databases (e.g. Oracle, Sybase), SQL
• Working knowledge of financial markets and more specifically risk management would be a plus
• Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved
• Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to learn new technologies and skills quickly
• The ability to work independently and in small teams, partner effectively cross-group
• Display personal commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all aspects of work
• Good design and testing skills, passion for quality and attention to details
• Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: UNIX , LINUX
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced UNIX/Linux Server Support Specialist to join their expanding team in a permanent role...
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced UNIX/Linux Server Support Specialist to join their expanding team in a permanent role.
This role will support the migration of applications within and between Our Client’s data centres, and the migration of virtual Linux servers from old to new server hardware.
The role will also support business-as-usual server, directory, and virtualisation operations.
The role will report to the Technical Lead of the data centre Migration Project, located within Our Client’s IT Project Delivery Organisation. In a transition context, the role may alternatively report to the Server Team Leader, located within IT Service Delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities.
1. Installation and configuration of AIX systems.
2. Administration and monitoring of LPAR’s
3. Administration and monitoring of Power Server hardware
4. Installation and configuration of RHEL systems
5. Management of VMware server virtualisation infrastructure
6. Troubleshooting of performance issues on AIX/Power servers
7. Troubleshooting of performance issues on Linux/x86 servers
8. Patching and upgrading of Operating System software
9. Assist in auditing and necessary reporting, as required.
10. Respond to and fix calls escalated within OLA / SLA.
11. Creation and maintenance of documentation.
12. Assisting in the migration of servers to new infrastructure.
13. Support the planning and execution of application migrations
14. Support the planning and execution of physical UNIX server moves
15. Support the migration of virtual servers to new hardware
16. Troubleshoot server migration issues
Technical skills (Essential).
• Excellent Knowledge of enterprise UNIX, preferably AIX
• Excellent Knowledge of enterprise IBM Power server hardware
• Solid experience of AIX and Linux OS installs, patching and troubleshooting
• Experience of high-availability and disaster recovery UNIX configurations
• Experience in Shell programming and automation of UNIX Sys Admin tasks
• Knowledge of Bash and/or Korn Shell scripting
• In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software Technologies
• Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software best practices
• Solid experience of UNIX/Linux networking, routing technologies
• Knowledge of DB2 and Oracle databases
• Solid experience of troubleshooting in a UNIXI/Linux environment
• Knowledge of IBM RISC Servers (Power 5, 6, 7).
Technical skills (Desirable).
• Knowledge of UC4/Automic automation software
• Knowledge of VMware (ESXi 5.0, 5.5, 6.0), SRM
• Solid experience of troubleshooting in a Windows/VMware environment
• Knowledge of Dell Servers (tower, rack & VRTX), Open Manage, IT Assistant;
• Infrastructure Solutions Architecture.
Essential Soft skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Be a proven team player.
• Knowledge of current IT technologies and service management processes.
• Have demonstrated ability to drive technical issues through to completion.
• Work to a high standard of quality and thoroughness.
• Have strong organisational and time management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Have a positive, “can-do” attitude.
• Recognised third level computing qualification.
• IBM, RHEL, or other relevant IT Industry accreditations.
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering an excellent daily rate for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
To view further UNIX/Linux Server Support Specialist positions please visit www.irishjobs.ie/Member.asp?Mid=824
Please register your CV with us on the following link:- www.eolas.ie/reg_form.php
Skillset: UNIX / Linux / Linux Administrator
Save to My Jobs
Location: Mayo Contact: Darragh Heavey Skills Keywords: PHP , LINUX , MySQL
Description: PHP Developer required for top company based in the West of Ireland. Responsibilities Be responsible for the ongoing development of core and customer specific stack elements...
Description: PHP Developer required for top company based in the West of Ireland.
Be responsible for the ongoing development of core and customer specific stack elements.
Contribute to the technical relationship with the client, agreeing technical specifications & design, functionality and overall deliverables – working with product manager.
Contribute to the design and development of new modules within the system.
Continued exposure of core platform functionality via RESTful APIs for consumption by internal frontend developers.
Be responsible for systems analysis, issue investigation and software maintenance.
BSc or higher in Computer Science or related discipline and/or 1+ years industry experience.
Strong LAMP stack development experience - (Linux, Apache, MySQL, object oriented PHP)
Experience with a PHP Framework
Experience developing multi-tiered applications
Experience in the generation and consumption of APIs
Experience using Git/Github (or similar version control) in a team environment
Strong team player
Ability to work within and maintain an existing codebase
Good problem solving ability.
Experience with the AWS platform.
Full stack development experience - able to transition efficiently between tasks as required.
Experience with batch based data processing/report generation.
Experience with documenting your work.
Apply now with your updated C.V to email@example.com
Save to My Jobs
Location: DUBLIN 2 Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: LINUX
Description: Senior Linux Administrator Job Description: The applicant will be working in a new range of produces and services for a new entity. The company host their own data centres in multiple countries...
Description: Senior Linux Administrator
The applicant will be working in a new range of produces and services for a new entity. The company host their own data centres in multiple countries. A large part of the job will be in managing these data centres. Further more they company connects into a large number of Mobile Networks in a large number of countries throughout the world. Setting up and managing secure network connections into these institutions is part of the day to day job.
Setting up and managing VPNs. Currently the VPNs are based on either Cisco and PFSense technologies. Knowledge of these is highly advantageous.
Managing Virtual machine usage. We have a large number of physical and virtual servers that must be maintained.
Managing backup. Doing out specification for future requirements.
Bandwidth utilization. Managing and planning for future requirements.
Security protocols, Firewall, security certs set-ups etc.
Provide application services such as installation, testing, and monitoring of all Patch Bundles. Both operating system and application level patch bundles.
Troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity problems.
Perform network troubleshooting (DNS, DHCP, TCPIP).
Extensive Linux experience. 5+ years.
Excellent and in depth networking understanding is essential.
Experienced with VPN routers. Cisco and or PFSense is preferable.
Extensive knowledge of visualisation technologies.
Managing a large number of Virtual machines.
Setting up and managing MySql databases.
Scripting knowledge in some of Bash, Python and or PHP.
For further information and to apply to Peter Kirby and please forward an updated CV or call 01 286 6666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: SHELL SCRIPTS , LINUX
Description: Senior Integration Engineer One of Ireland's leading Financial clients in Dublin City Centre is looking for a Senior Integration Engineer...
Description: Senior Integration Engineer
One of Ireland's leading Financial clients in Dublin City Centre is looking for a Senior Integration Engineer. The client offers an excellent career and work life balance, plus one of the best benefits packages in Ireland.
Experience and Qualifications:
BS/BA degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or equivalent.
5 or more years' experience in designing, implementing, supporting application development and release processes/tools.
Minimum of 5 year's Linux administration background, comfortable with all aspects of this role including improving and extending Linux server builds, scripting and general system maintenance
Exceptional knowledge of Unix Shell scripting (Bash, KSH) and MS Powershell, and at least one development language (Perl, Python, C#, Java, Ruby)
Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
In-depth experience with Enterprise Scheduling tools (e.g. Dollar Universe, Control-M)
Strong knowledge of designing, configuring and extending IT monitoring platforms (e.g. Xymon, Nagios, Graphite or similar)
Expert knowledge of development technologies including source code (Subversion/Git) and Continuous Integration technologies (Jenkins, Hudson or similar)
Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
Strong technical writing and cross-training skills. Assist in the development of user guides and training documentation for systems and applications.
Knowledge of SOA/J2EE (e.g. TIBCO and JBOSS) application platforms
Strong SQL development skills particularly PL/SQL (Oracle) and TSQL (MSSQL)
While not required, we prefer candidates with as much of the following experience as possible:
Experience working within the Financial industry
Experience working with IAAS, PAAS platforms (e.g. MS Azure, AWS or similar)
Experience working with and extending Application Release Automation tools (e.g. Xebialabs XL-Release/XL-Deploy, IBM UrbanCode or similar)
Proven knowledge of supporting RDBMS platforms including MS SQL Server (including SSIS and SSRS), Oracle and Teradata.
Experience with Middleware/ETL technologies such as IBM Websphere MQ/IBM Infosphere Datastage.
Knowledge of developing modern web (REST, AJAX) enabled frontends utilising frameworks such as JQuery, Node.js, AngularJS
Experience with log aggregation technology stacks such as Splunk or ELK
Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies and practices
Experience with Dot Net technologies (IIS/ASP.NET)
Please apply to Peter Kirby if interested in the role.
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a LINUX wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of LINUX jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top LINUX jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
LISP LOADRUNNER LOCALISATION LOTUS LOTUS DOMINO LOTUS NOTES LOTUS SMARTSUITE LSDM LSMW MAAPICS MANUFACTURING MAPPING MARKET DATA (FINANCIAL) Maximo MCNE MCP MCSE MDM Mediation (Billing) MERCURY MFG/PRO MICROFOCUS MIDAS MIS Mobile Devices MODEL204 MODULA2 MOODLE MOTOROLA MQ MS DOS