The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect MS SQL SERVER jobs in Galway Ireland. Browse through a large selection of MS SQL SERVER roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract MS SQL SERVER jobs and permanent MS SQL SERVER jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all MS SQL SERVER jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin South Contact: Steven Hegarty Skills Keywords: LINUX , MS SQL SERVER , PERL , CCNA , TCP/IP
Description: Linux Engineer The Opportunity We are currently looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join our technical team...
Description: Linux Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Linux Systems Administrator to join our technical team. This role will involve supporting, maintaining and implementing a network of Linux servers running a variety standard and in-house applications. The network supports telco-grade voice and data over redundant sites, utilising various high availability technologies to ensure availability for mission critical services.
This will be a great opportunity to develop your skills further with potential access to a wide range of technologies, from servers to IP routing, security, enterprise storage, Telco grade voice switches, cloud computing and other virtualisation technologies.
My client is a leading Interactive Media and Entertainment Company. We are a market leader with extensive experience in developing and hosting leading edge interactive media applications which are used by some of Ireland’s leading brands.
• Day-to-day operations and maintenance of Linux network
• All OS configuration, maintenance and updates
• Develop and maintain scripts for systems automation
• Monitor and maintain high availability systems
• Manage and report on service and systems availability
• Investigating issues and problems, working through to resolution
• Suggest and design upgrades and improvements to the systems
• Document all planning, processes and procedures
Skills and requirements:
Debian, RedHat, Nagios, LEMP / LAMP, AWS, TCP/IP, good documentation and communication skills
• A Degree or relevant Certification in computing or a related discipline
• A minimum of five years’ experience as a Linux Systems Administrator
• Excellent experience and knowledge of Linux high availability/failover systems
• Experience with Nagios monitoring and configuration
• Detailed understanding of Apache and Nginx including virtual hosts config and secure SSL configuration
• Excellent MySQL configuration, including multi-master, master-slave and multisource replication
• Working knowledge of NoSQL especially MongoDB
• Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networking, applications, routing, VPN and firewalling
• Strong scripting skills (Bash and Perl)
• Experience with automation tools like puppet and auto scaling
• Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills
• Demonstrate and ability to prioritise and handle a diverse workload
The following would be highly desirable:
• Asterisk, RRDtools, Cirpack, CCNA
Steven Hegarty for a full detailed job description 01-2866666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: ORACLE , MS SQL SERVER
Description: Oracle & SQL Server DBA required for top Company based in Dublin 1. The candidate will have responsibility for the development and maintenance of the database estate and associated technologies...
Description: Oracle & SQL Server DBA required for top Company based in Dublin 1.
The candidate will have responsibility for the development and maintenance of the database estate and associated technologies. Key activities of the role include the ensuring of optimal database integrity, security, performance, as well as database development and problem solving.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have relevant academic and professional training, including attendance and completion of database administration courses. A minimum of five years technical experience in DBA related functions. The ideal candidate will also have a very process driven approach, be a flexible, and independent problem solver with good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to make decisions.
• Build, maintain and support the database estate to include core database installation, configuration and upgrade, as well as implementing and maintaining advanced high availability, security and performance tuning.
• Provide expert database resource to new development projects, participating as a pro-active team member throughout all lifecycle stages from initiation through implementation and post-implementation support.
• Balance the needs of day to day operations and technical support versus project work
• Participate in key periodic operations tasks including high availability and disaster recovery testing, operating system and database patching, database upgrades and migrations, etc.
• Provide comprehensive and clear documentation for all new database builds, redevelopments, enhancements, as well as for standard operational procedures
• Respond to support incidents and requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Participate in on-going development of policies, procedures and standards for database builds, administration, backups, security and auditing
• Actively participate in discussions and workshops with other DBA Team members, sharing knowledge and experience, so as to continue providing a high quality of service while striving for continuous improvement
• Strong technical knowledge of Oracle database 10g to 12c
• Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to 2012
• Experience as a DBA working in medium to large organisations supporting a varied catalogue of mission critical databases supporting enterprise scale application systems
• Knowledge of Oracle Application Server software 10g to 12c an advantage
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems 2003 to 2012
• Knowledge of industry standards such as ISO 27001 an advantage
Excellent Permanent Role offering attractive Salary and benefits package.
Apply now to Nollaig@eolas.ie for more details on the role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin South Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: MS SQL SERVER , SQL SERVER , SSRS , SQL
Description: SQL Server Support Engineer (SQL Operations Support 50%, SQL Development Support 50%) Role This is the ideal role for an IT support professional with experience of using SQL Server seeking a new...
Description: SQL Server Support Engineer (SQL Operations Support 50%, SQL Development Support 50%)
This is the ideal role for an IT support professional with experience of using SQL Server seeking a new challenge. The ideal candidate will have had experience in both a technical and business environment.
The position is primarily focused in the day-to-day administrative and operational tasks of managing and supporting a large, transaction-intensive database environment.
You will be responsible for monitoring of SQL Agent Jobs and be able to troubleshoot / resolve problems before they are reported by clients.
Experience of SSRS and SSIS technology is essential in order to provide support to core applications
Responsibilities for the Sql Server Support Engineer include:
Documentation of issues based on priorities and follow up with actions for long term solution
Ensuring data availability and quality for dashboard reporting
Having the ability to write and amend reports where required
Update and create subscriptions where required
Update and create SSIS packages where required.
Proactively identify potential issues and risks and work with relevant parties to resolve them, or escalate them to the IT management team.
The candidate will work collaboratively with clients & other departments including finance, marketing, operations and other members of the support team to provide resolutions to reported problems.
Skills Required for the Sql Server Support Engineer :
2-4 years minimum SQL Server experience.
Strong analytical, technical and statistical skills.
Experience of incident and documentation management.
Sound debugging and problem solving skills
Technical skills/knowledge with experience on SQL Server (2005, 2008, 2012) , Reporting Services, SSIS Packages, SQL Agent Jobs, Stored Procedures etc.
Good understanding of database architecture required.
Ability to interact with all business levels (horizontal and vertical).
Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, to organize and prioritize work schedules.
Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow SQL skills and experience while supporting the core SQL software within an a dynamic and exciting industry
Should you be interested please contact Peter on 01 2866666 or send me your resume.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: MS SQL SERVER , SQL SERVER
Description: Sql Server DBA - Permanent for one of Irelands leading firms Excellent Dublin City Centre based client is currently looking for an in house SQL Database Administrator...
Description: Sql Server DBA - Permanent for one of Irelands leading firms
Excellent Dublin City Centre based client is currently looking for an in house SQL Database Administrator.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
•Advanced SQL Architecture / Design
•SQL Performance Tuning
•SQL Health and Risk ReviewSQL Discovery
•SQL Consolidation Planning
•Installation / Configuration
•Day to day troubleshooting / support
•Setup and maintain documentation
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
•Third level qualification in computer science, information systems, engineering, business or a related field (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
•4 + years’ experience working in this area
•Experience working in environments of a large corporate
•The potential candidate should be self motivated with an ability to survive in a progressive IT environment, along with the flexibility to adapt to new technologies
•Have a good understanding of Microsoft technologies
•Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and the ability to multi-task are essential
•The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to learn and grow within this role
•Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
•Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines
Please apply to Peter@eolas.ie if you are interested in this role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: MS SQL SERVER
Description: MS SQL Server/ Teradata DBA required for top Company based in Cork...
Description: MS SQL Server/ Teradata DBA required for top Company based in Cork.
This DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Monitoring & Administration of SQL environments and escalation and resolution of issues.
• Provide SQL support for projects as required
• Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests
• Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs
• Reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations
• Working with the database team to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
Technical Experience Required:
• Experience with Database Administration for MS SQL Server and/or Teradata
• Some experience of other Database technologies eg Teradata, Oracle etc. is a distinct advantage.
• Experience in Unix OS while not a necessity is an advantage.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
• Ability to work on own initiative with strong self-starter competencies.
• Experience of service provision with a strong customer focus.
• A high degree of flexibility to achieve high performing standards.
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
• To be self-motivated and enthusiastic and support of the business vision and encourages others to work towards its achievement
• Ability to break problems into their component parts, gathers relevant data which results in an objective decision being made
This is a Permanent role based in Cork. Attractive salary plus benefits on offer for the right candidate.
Apply now to Nollaig@eolas.ie for more details on the role.
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a MS SQL SERVER wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of MS SQL SERVER jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top MS SQL SERVER jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
MS-EXCHANGE MSBuild Multi-Threaded MULTIMEDIA MVC MVS MySQL Navision Navision NET COMMERCE NETBEUI NETSCAPE NETVIEW NETWARE NETWORKS Node.JS Norwegian Novell OBJECT VISION ObjectiveC OCCAM ODBC ODI OLAP ON/2 OOA OOD OPEN ROAD ORACLE ORACLE CC&B ORACLE EBUSINESS SUITE