The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect MS SQL SERVER jobs in Galway Ireland. Browse through a large selection of MS SQL SERVER roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract MS SQL SERVER jobs and permanent MS SQL SERVER jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all MS SQL SERVER jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: MS SQL SERVER , IIS , SQL
Description: My Dublin City Centre based client currently requires an experienced Application Support Engineer to join their existing team in a permanent role...
Description: My Dublin City Centre based client currently requires an experienced Application Support Engineer to join their existing team in a permanent role.
The systems are delivered using Microsoft .Net, IIS and Web Services, MSMQ, MS Clustering and MS SQL Server. An expert and in depth working knowledge of the technology in this environment is required.
The Application Support Specialist(s) will be part of a team that provides a support function for 24x7 business operations. This includes issue management and tracking, software deployment and release management, scripting/automation of system management procedures and monitoring/alerting tools and applications. The role will also encompass release deployments and process and system automation projects.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years in Windows Server 2003/2008, IIS6/7 and MS SQL Server. Strong working knowledge of Web Services, Windows Services and Windows Clustering also required.
Core Technical Skills:
• IIS 6 & 7 Configuration & Administration
• Windows 2003/2008 Server
• SQL 2000/2005/2008
• Working knowledge of Web services
• Good understanding of networking fundamentals.
• T-SQL Coding
Preferred Technical Skills:
• MS Message Queue
• Windows Clustering
• Working knowledge of Windows Services
• Windows Server Clustering
• Scripting Skills (VBScript, JScript etc)
• Microsoft MCP/MCSC
Typical responsibilities include:
• Good technical debugging, problem solving and problem management skills required.
• Ability to escalate, track and own problems until resolution.
• Ability to troubleshoot Microsoft OS/IIS/Windows Server Environment
• Ability to deal with end-users and communicate and explain problems and their resolutions to Customer
• Will be required to work in a support rota covering weekends and on-call out of hours.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong team player attributes.
• Customer awareness
• Good planning and organisational skills.
Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering a strong salary plus benefits for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Skillset: Application Support / Apps Support / Production Support
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Elaine Hanlon Skills Keywords: SQL , SQL SERVER , DBASE , MS SQL SERVER
Description: My Dublin North West based client is looking for a SQL Server DBA to join its busy and expanding IT Team...
Description: My Dublin North West based client is looking for a SQL Server DBA to join its busy and expanding IT Team.
You will be involved in designing and building a new SQL infrastructure as well as being responsible for the maintenance and update of the existing infrastructure and methodologies.
• Analyze and understand the application architecture and how the database is used
• Ability to trace through existing SQL Stored procedures
• Creating , scheduling SQL Server Jobs
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• Good Transact SQL abilities
• Knowledge of Windows Desktop administration
• Root Cause Analysis
• Experience and willingness to document issues and procedures to a high standard
• Knowledge of Replication, Database design, core database conceptsAdminister the Microsoft SQL Database estate.
• Process database administration tasks to include health checking , capacity planning , performance tuning , database structure changes , database reorganisation
• Support analysis and design of business requirements from a technical point of view and provide input into the technical direction that best support the business requirements and overall IT architecture and strategy, in conjunction with the Application Development team
• Perform Production support and Oncall duties
• Contribute to the planning activities including impact analysis, scoping of new projects
• IT Degree or equivalent
• 3 years + experience
• Proven Previous experience as a Microsoft SQL DBA with experience in administrating both Standard and Enterprise SQL deployments
• Sound knowledge of software engineering principles and theory
• Strong knowledge of the Windows environment and strong Database troubleshooting experience
• Knowledge of scheduling, monitoring and reporting utilities
• Knowledge of physical and virtual server sets
• Windows server admin.
• Programming skills VB/C#
For further information and to apply please email an updated CV to Elaine@eolas.ie or call 01 286 6666
SQL Server DBA
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: w Skills Keywords: MS SQL SERVER , SQL SERVER , TERADATA
Description: SQL Server DBA/ DataWarehouse Support Analyst required for Top Company based in Cork...
Description: SQL Server DBA/ DataWarehouse Support Analyst required for Top Company based in Cork.
The aim of this role is to find someone capable of owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with the database team to come up with strategic solutions to reoccurring problems.
The ideal candidate will have a third level IT qualification. Previous experience in a Database development or Administration environment, data warehouse experience, or Financial Services Systems would be of benefit.
• Database Administration (MS SQL Server)
• Daily Administration tasks
• Project Work
• Work with other IT and business on project issues
• Deliver on multiple projects concurrently and move between technologies
• Some experience with MSSQL Server.
• Some experience of other Database technologies eg Oracle etc. is a distinct advantage
• Experience in Unix OS while not a necessity is an advantage.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server.
• Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics.
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory.
Excellent role to grow your career with a top Financial Services Company.
Apply now to Nollaig@eolas.ie for more details on the role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: MS SQL SERVER , SQL SERVER
Description: Junior Sql Server DBA/ BI Analyst Overview: My Financial Services client is currently recruiting for a Junior Sql Server DBA / BI Analyst to join their existing team...
Description: Junior Sql Server DBA/ BI Analyst
My Financial Services client is currently recruiting for a Junior Sql Server DBA / BI Analyst to join their existing team. The role will suit anyone with 2-3 years Sql Server experience who is looking to move away from a Data Analyst role and into a DBA/ BI role. The last person they hired came from a SQL Data Analyst role and moved into a more hands on technical role.
1. 2-3 years experience of database administration and information management.
2. Degree Qualified in a computer discipline.
3. Microsoft certifications and qualifications in some or all of the following: Microsoft SQL Server 2005, SSIS, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services.
4. Solid experience with requirements gathering and client interaction.
5. Solid understanding of Data Warehousing, dimensional, relational and OLAP data modelling.
6. Ability and experience working in fast paced environment.
7. Experience writing SQL statements and optimising query performance and database security.
8. Must have strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills.
9. Experience of using standard database development methodologies.
10. Experience of development of dashboards, balanced scorecards, data cubes.
11. Experience of some of the following reporting applications: QlikView, Microsoft SQL
Please apply to Peter@eolas.ie if you are interested in this role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin (M50) Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: MS SQL SERVER , DATA MODELING , DATAWAREHOUSING
Description: Data Warehouse Developer – Sql Server Overview: The client is a leading Financial Services company and they are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Developer with good Sql Server Skills but an...
Description: Data Warehouse Developer – Sql Server
The client is a leading Financial Services company and they are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Developer with good Sql Server Skills but an overall Data warehouse Development background. The client will offer a good benefits package and salary. The location will suit anyone living around Dublin South West near the M50.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
• Design, development and test guidance for the Operational Data Store, Data Ware House model design, ETL/ELT architecture & design, BI solutions, and DW infrastructure
• Interface with business stakeholders/business analysts to gather DW requirements and translate business requirements into data needs
• Be hands-on individual contributor to design and develop data models, design and develop ETL/ELT as necessary
• Design and develop real-world use case scenarios for the warehouse that can be translated into test requirements.
Key Skills & Attributes:
• 7 Year experience in Data Warehouse ETL/ELT Development
• 5 Years experience in Data Modeling for Data Warehouse
• 3 years experience as Data Warehouse technical development role
Degree in Computer Science or related discipline Advanced knowledge of SQL including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy
• Experience with overall DW infrastructure capacity planning and scaling
• Proven track record in delivering scalable and reliable DW solutions.
• Strong data modelling and dimensional modelling skills (including slowly changing dimensions
• Experience with data quality and data profiling
ELT design and development experience
Academic Qualification: Computer Science Degree
Very attractive Remuneration Package.
For further information and to apply please email an updated CV to email@example.com or call 01 286 6666
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a MS SQL SERVER wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of MS SQL SERVER jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top MS SQL SERVER jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
MS-EXCHANGE MSBuild Multi-Threaded MULTIMEDIA MVC MVS MySQL Navision Navision NET COMMERCE NETBEUI NETSCAPE NETVIEW NETWARE NETWORKS Norwegian Novell OBJECT VISION OCCAM ODBC ODI OLAP ON/2 OOA OOD OPEN ROAD ORACLE ORACLE CC&B ORACLE EBUSINESS SUITE ORACLE EXPRESS ORACLE FINANCIALS