The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect ORACLE jobs in Dublin Ireland. Browse through a large selection of ORACLE roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract ORACLE jobs and permanent ORACLE jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: ORACLE , MS SQL SERVER
Description: Database Support Manager required for Top Client based in North Co Dublin Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Services, the successful candidate will ensure the effective provision and...
Description: Database Support Manager required for Top Client based in North Co Dublin
Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure Services, the successful candidate will ensure the effective provision and management of Database Infrastructure Service to support current and future business needs.
This is a team management role with a requirement for a high degree of technical ability and experience in database management.
This role will be tasked to deliver agile response, improved service and enhanced business value. The role will have the responsibility for translating data and procedural requirements into appropriate DBMS resources, tools, processes and services, ensuring the final service are fully operational and appropriate to meet business demands. This role requires a results orientated and self-motivated individual with a strong focus on quality delivery.
The IT Strategy will define the overall parameters and direction, this role will be accountable and responsible for the technical, human, vendor and financial elements of the team.
The Manager Database Services role is an essential part of day to day management of the IT Department with responsibility for the development and deployment of all Database services.
Key Responsibilities & Duties Include:
• Managing the work of DBA team to deliver business requirements to agreed quality and timeline
• Being accountable for measurement and reporting of DBA team effectiveness
• Delivering a stable database platform to support operational business processes 24 X 7
• Accountability for delivery of Integrated Project Plan (IPP) in co-operation with IT, business and 3rd party stakeholders
• Managing technical direction of team on daily operations and project delivery
• Developing the skills and competencies of team members
• Aligning infrastructure architecture with data governance and database architects
• Working with the Infrastructure Services management team to drive innovation and continuous improvement
• Co-operating with other stakeholders and business units to deliver business objectives
• Identifying, evaluating and implementing technical opportunities to move the business forward
• Dedication to excellence in Customer Service and satisfaction
• Resource planning and selection
• Identifying and addressing resource constraints –including 3rd parties
• Managing resources to ensure sufficient level of appropriate skills and on-call resources
To be considered for the role of Manager Database Support, candidates must meet the following:
• 3-5 years leadership experience with a proven track record of successfully delivering projects
• Third level IT degree or similar
• Broad and current knowledge of Database Technology, storage, hardware and Operating Systems virtualisation and Applications
• Proven experience managing Traditional RDBMS platforms, particularly Oracle and SQL Server
• Experience of managing databases deployed onto virtualised platforms
• Experience deploying industry type data models at a RDBMS level
• Strong knowledge of storage technologies and their appropriate use
• Strong understanding of data security issues and their mitigation
• Data Warehouse design and management experience using common frameworks
• Experience of Linux, Windows and AIX operating systems
• Experience of how to appropriately harvest and exploit unstructured data such as social media
• Exposure to operating and managing deployments on Amazon Web Services
• Experience with the full development lifecycle (planning, requirements, design/architecture, development, implementation, support/maintenance)
• Experience working in a strong project governance environment and maintaining delivery
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken
This is a permanent role offering an attractive Salary plus 25 days Annual Leave, Pension and other benefits.
Apply now to Nollaig@eolas.ie for more details on the role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: LINUX , ORACLE , VMWARE
Description: My Dublin City Centre based client currently requires an experienced Enterprise Architect to join their team in a permanent role...
Description: My Dublin City Centre based client currently requires an experienced Enterprise Architect to join their team in a permanent role.
Enterprise Architect Responsibilities:
• Technical infrastructure design, application infrastructure, knowledge lead into business units, Linux, Windows, SQL, Software-as a-Service, Oracle, VMWare, Web & Mobile applications, data analytics, and management dashboards.
• Knowledge of product roadmaps and previous experience working with technology vendors is important for this role.
• Good CTO style capability, and confident working in a constantly changing environment.
• Happy working on their own and don’t require their own direct reporting team to feel valued (may have 1-2 FTE reporting initially).
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering an excellent salary and benefits package for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Skillset: Enterprise Architect / Technical Architect / Solutions Architect
Save to My Jobs
Location: Munster Based Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: ORACLE , Business Intelligence
Description: The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst role is to strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses...
Description: The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst role is to strategically design and implement BI software and systems, including integration with databases and data warehouses. This includes gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out BI solutions to end-users.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Collaborating with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
• Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse.
• Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
•Overseeing the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
•Staying current with industry trends.
•Advising and educating management on their relative importance and impact.
•Translate business needs into analytics/reporting requirements, and interface with company and client to ensure successful delivery of client reporting.
•Design, code, test, and document BI systems, applications, and programs.
•Assist in the design of databases and data warehouses to ensure interoperability with BI solutions.
•Produce and implement ETL design guidelines to ensure a manageable ETL infrastructure for the BI system.
•Define, Implement, and Setup of, Physical, Logical (business), and Presentation objects in OBI
•Work with project managers to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change, and delete functions meet business requirements for project completion.
•Design and deliver end-user training and training materials; provide technical support as necessary.
•Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software; performance-tune these applications as necessary.
Qualifications / Experience Required
•Minimum of 3 years direct work experience with Oracle OBIEE and ODI,
•Knowledge of data warehouse methodologies and data modeling.
•Experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, MS SQL Server
•Proficient in Microsoft applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job specification and more details on this exciting position.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: ORACLE
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires an Oracle DBA to join their team and work on undertaking complex technical assignments and work across my clients’ different departments...
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires an Oracle DBA to join their team and work on undertaking complex technical assignments and work across my clients’ different departments.
• Primarily responsible for undertaking complex technical assignments and leading work the different departments.
o Working with project teams and business users to analyse business and technical requirements.
o Designing, developing, testing and implementing quality Oracle database solutions within defined time scales. Oracle environments will support development, testing and production.
o Supporting and improving the Oracle environments, to ensure 24x7 availability
o Managing Database Security.
o Performing Oracle tuning.
o Managing Back-up and Disaster Recovery.
• Analysing, planning and implementing upgrade projects.
• Identifying, prioritising and resolving issues.
• Capable of making decisions and recommendations regarding IS work activities, applications and systems that have a cross departmental impact e.g. providing support for Oracle end users.
• Assist in determining project objectives and outlines project requirements.
• Research, review and introduce new systems and applications as appropriate.
• Use judgment based on technical knowledge and strong understanding of organisational strategy.
• Participate in planning the strategic development of the department and contribute to cross departmental planning and development in relation to his/her area of expertise.
• Develop and implement procedures and documentation to maximise the effectiveness and quality of working practices.
• Liaise with others in the business as required to understand stakeholder needs; guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy
• Capable of representing company policy to external parties and stakeholders.
• Work with the manager to provide team leadership, training and guidance as required e.g. provide direction and support to project team.
• Develop general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders.
• Experienced PL/SQL developer lead and design(5+ years experience)
• Strong ETL design and development experience
• Data modelling experience
• Good knowledge of Unix and DOS scripting
• Knowledge of Connect Direct would be advantageous
• Ability to co-ordinate technical multiple work-streams of a project
• Ability to self-manage
• Comfortable working with multiple technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Vendor management experience
• Good problem solver
• Good communication skills
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A proven ability to lead either operational activities or projects relating to IT applications and systems
• Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
• Knowledge of the constraints and challenges of supporting a secure, high-availability IT environment
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to lead a team
• Oracle Database Administration (10g/11g)
• SQL Server Database Administration (2008/2012)
• Implementation of Oracle/SQL Server patches and upgrades
• Experience of managing and administrating 24x7 databases (and infrastructure)
• Database cloning/refreshes
• Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 administration
• Oracle Linux (5/6) administration
• Experience of Database Backup and Recovery procedures (RMAN), familiarity with Commvault preferential
• Oracle RAC (10g/11g) installation and support
• Oracle ASM
• Oracle Enterprise Management (11g/12c) implementation and support
• Oracle VM 3.1 implementation, administration and support
• Oracle DataGuard configuration and administration
• SQL Server Database Mirroring configuration and administration
• Microsoft SQL Server Clusters (2008/2012) implementation and support
• Experience in troubleshooting database performance issues
• Support of Oracle Internet Directory
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering a strong daily rate for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Oracle DBA / Database Admin / Database Administrator
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Central Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: ORACLE
Description: Oracle PL/SQL Development Team Lead Role Summary My client is looking for a highly motivated Oracle Developer to lead a team of developers on major projects...
Description: Oracle PL/SQL Development Team Lead
My client is looking for a highly motivated Oracle Developer to lead a team of developers on major projects. Responsibility for coordination, oversight and technology leadership to the software development process. The Development Lead will have responsibility for identifying and translating development requirements into technology architecture. Development leads work closely with IT Project Managers to expand design specifications into workable solutions. They also promote software development standards, conduct system analyses and guide senior management and project teams during the technology decision-making process.
• Develop and maintain systems primarily in Oracle PL/SQL
• Responsible for conducting, leading and coordinating software development activities throughout the project, including key design decisions for the technology, structure and configuration of the system.
• Responsibility for their direct reports including attract, mentor, retain, manage and support high-performance IT professionals.
• Provide leadership and guidance to Team members with support in maintaining policies and standards. Ensure that standards and practices are consistently maintained within the team. Ensure coding standards are adhered to and best practice is adopted in design, development and QA.
• Prepare and process annual performance appraisals of direct reports. Manage the appraisal process within the team ensuring reviews are processed on time. Establish or maintain achievable goals to effectively increase the technical, communication, and customer service skills of the Team. Provide guidance for successful career development.
• Produce technical documentation from business/functional requirements
• Collaborate with business customers to confirm requirements, discuss solutions, etc.
• Assist in defining structured practices especially in build and release management
• Promote best practices and new methodologies
Experience and Requirements
• Degree or equivalent technical qualification
• 4-5 years technical experience in PL/SQL development
• Expert knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g.
• Knowledge and experience in Java/ J2EE applications an advantage
• Team lead experience
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• A self-starter with an ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Experience of all aspects of software project life cycles – from requirements gathering, through design, development and Implementation.
• Experience of Agile development methodologies
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
For further information and to apply please email an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 286 6666
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a ORACLE wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of ORACLE jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top ORACLE jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
ORACLE CC&B ORACLE EBUSINESS SUITE ORACLE EXPRESS ORACLE FINANCIALS ORBIX OS/2 OS/390 OS/400 PARADOX PAS-X Pascal PAXUS PAYMENTS PAYROLL PBX PC-NFS PCAS PEGA PEOPLE MANAGEMENT PEOPLESOFT PERL Pharmaceutical PHP PICK PKI PL/SQL PL1 Plone PMBOK PMI PMR