The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect SAN jobs in Cork Ireland. Browse through a large selection of SAN roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract SAN jobs and permanent SAN jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all SAN jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: SAN , Servers
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced Data Storage/Backup Administrator to join their expanding team in a permanent role...
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced Data Storage/Backup Administrator to join their expanding team in a permanent role.
This role will support the migration of applications and IT services within and between Our Clients data centres, and the replacement/upgrade of core storage infrastructure elements, as well as replacement/upgrade of inter-data centre data replication links.
The role will also support business-as-usual storage administration, archiving, backup and switching operations.
The role will report to the Technical Lead of the data centre Migration Project, located within Our Clients IT Project Delivery Organisation. In a transition context, the role may alternatively report to the Data Management & Storage Team Leader, located within IT Service Delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities.
1. Installation and configuration of Brocade 8510/ Switches
2. Management & configuration of IBM XIV arrays
3. Management & configuration of HP 3PAR servers & arrays
4. Installation & configuration of backup software and policies
5. Operating backup schedules and offsitting of tape media
6. Troubleshooting of backup issues on servers, switches and ATLs
7. Patching and upgrading of backup software on existing servers
8. Data archiving to cheaper storage platform
9. Troubleshooting of performance issues
10. Assist in auditing and necessary reporting, as required.
11. Respond to and fix calls escalated within OLA / SLA.
12. Creation and maintenance of documentation.
13. Assisting in the migration of data/applications within/between data centres.
14. Support the planning and execution of infrastructure migrations
15. Support the planning and execution of physical storage equipment moves
16. Troubleshoot storage equipment migration issues
Technical skills (Essential).
Excellent Knowledge of storage arrays (ideally IBM XIV and/or HP 3PAR)
Excellent Knowledge of Brocade SAN switches
Knowledge of backup software & appliances (ideally Veritas NetBackup v7.x)
Knowledge of data archiving technologies (ideally Veritas Enterprise Vault)
Knowledge of Storage Virtualisation
In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software Technologies
Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software best practices
Technical skills (Desirable).
Knowledge & experience of UNIX (ideally AIX)
Knowledge & experience of Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012
Knowledge & experience of Redhat Enterprise Linux
Knowledge of include Cisco IP Switching & Routing
Knowledge of VMware ESXi (5.0, 5.5, 6.0)
Knowledge of Dell Servers (tower, rack & VRTX), Open Manage, IT Assistant;
Infrastructure Solutions Architecture.
Essential Soft skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Be a proven team player.
Knowledge of current IT technologies and service management processes.
Have demonstrated ability to drive technical issues through to completion.
Work to a high standard of quality and thoroughness.
Have strong organisational and time management skills.
Work well under pressure.
Have a positive, can-do attitude.
Recognised third level computing qualification.
Vendor certifications (Brocade, IBM, HP, Veritas) or other relevant IT Industry accreditations.
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering an excellent salary rate for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on email@example.com for immediate consideration.
To view further Data Storage/Backup Administrator positions please visit www.irishjobs.ie/Member.asp?Mid=824
Please register your CV with us on the following link:- www.eolas.ie/reg_form.php
Skillset: Data Storage / SAN / Storage Engineer
Save to My Jobs
Location: Galway Contact: Darragh Heavey Skills Keywords: VMWARE , Virtualisation , SAN , CLOUD
Description: Virtualisation Engineer Proactively manage the availability, performance and stability of Server Virtualisation, server and storage infrastructure...
Description: Virtualisation Engineer
Proactively manage the availability, performance and stability of Server Virtualisation, server and storage infrastructure.
Identify new services, improvements and perform the necessary changes to meet business expectations.
Manage new designs and evaluate new features in physical or cloud solutions.
Maintain Virtualisation service availability at highest level, in line with Service Level Agreements.
Proactively monitor and manage change in line with best practices.
Provide technical assistance and consultancy services to the wider IT department for server systems architecture, specification and clustering/high-availability services.
Manage the deployment of new systems hardware, operating systems and clustered services from purchasing through deployment and testing to live production status.
Perform root cause analysis for system problems from the virtual server OS level down to the hardware level and implement solutions as required.
Liaise with suppliers and management on systems purchasing and vendor-specific technical issues.
Identify and evaluate new technologies and solutions associated with the datacentre server and storage infrastructure.
Document procedures and configurations in relation to supported information systems.
Knowledge and Experience
5+ years of experience in full-time technical support roles (2nd or 3rd level support)
2+ years of experience in a systems administration/engineering role in a medium-scale virtualised server environment
Strong experience with the VMware vSphere suite including the configuration and support of advanced features (vMotion, vSphere HA) - VCP certified or relevant work experience
Significant experience with SAN storage hardware administration and data backup subsystems : experience with Dell EqualLogic, de-duplication appliance hardware and Veeam backup an advantage
Good knowledge of Data networks and web-based applications architecture is required along with basic knowledge database systems and IT security
Familiarity with Public Cloud, ideally Microsoft Azure
Third level degree (or equivalent), preferably in Computer technology/Engineering or similar.
Excellent knowledge of Virtualisation technology - in particular VMWare
Good knowledge Common technologies - Server, Storage and Network products from Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, VMWare.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
Outstanding technical problem analysis and troubleshooting skills
Work in a high-pressured environment, responsible for systems which host core company services provided to major global clients
Work with people at all levels, including non-technical staff.
Good verbal communicator both face to face and over the telephone.
Operate in a dynamic, fast moving Company with moving tight deadlines.
Proven problem solving skills.
Team player who enjoys working in a fast growing. International company
Work independently and develops technical knowledge/skills on a continual basis
Occasional Travel required, Drivers licence needed.
The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Steven Hegarty Skills Keywords: SAN
Description: SENIOR SAN ENGINEER Responsibilities: Manage and maintain all Storage Arrays which include EMC VMAX, VNX, Dell Compellent, Equalogic and some MD3 direct attached devices...
Description: SENIOR SAN ENGINEER
Manage and maintain all Storage Arrays which include EMC VMAX, VNX, Dell Compellent, Equalogic and some MD3 direct attached devices.
SAN administration, including zoning, masking, volume creation, expanding striped LUNs, tuning, reporting, and diagnostics.
Support the Database and Systems team members troubleshooting issues and providing guidance in performance tuning.
Provide capacity planning and forecasts.
Configure SAN environments utilising iSCSI and Fibre technologies.
Ensure maximum uptime of all storage arrays
Participate in on-call rotation support
3+ years proven experience managing EMC Storage specifically VNX/VMAX including associated management software REQUIRED.
3+ years experience with storage and fabric metrics / architectures including SAN, NAS, block, file, virtualization, FAST, solid state, FC, SAS.
Experience with SAN FC switching and zoning, specifically Brocade.
Excellent communications skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues to all levels of the organization (both technical and non-technical).
Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation.
BSc computer science/engineering or similar
In addition, there is an on-going requirement to improve / define team processes that will add value to the business and result in an improved customer experience and increased revenues.
80000 - 90000
Steven for a full detailed job description 01-2866666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: SAN , VMWARE , UNIX
Description: SAN Administrator required for top financial Services Company based in Cork...
Description: SAN Administrator required for top financial Services Company based in Cork.
Responsibilities of the Role:
As SAN Administrator you will be part of a team responsible for:
Storage Administration of EMC Arrays.
Windows, Unix & VMWare, Disaster Recovery using SRDF replication and general monitoring for performance & availability
Act as an escalation point for customers
Ensure calls closed within SLA
Perform the SAN administration functions as required
Dimensions of Job
Monitoring of Storage environment of Critical systems and escalation of issues
Backup and restore of data
Storage Administration of EMC including LUN provisioning
Disaster Recovery using SRDF replication
General monitoring for performance & availability
File system management for EMC Celerra
Management of backup infrastructure
Technical expertise Required:
Experienced in SAN Management. EMC Experience a necessity.
Windows, VM-Ware, Unix, Red Hat Linux
Experience in enterprise backup solution an advantage.
IT Diploma College Certification or equivalent.
This is a permanent full time role based in Cork.
Apply now to Nollaig@eolas.ie for more details on the role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: SAN
Description: My client is currently looking to recruit a highly experienced Storage Administrator to join our Storage team - Salary 60-70k per annum Approx...
Description: My client is currently looking to recruit a highly experienced Storage Administrator to join our Storage team - Salary 60-70k per annum Approx. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the day-to-day delivery & integration of our Storage Services, helping determine future roadmaps for our storage platforms and guiding junior staff in the operation of the Storage environment.
As a senior team member the successful candidate will be expected to be diligent, take ownership, make decisions and undertake troubleshooting duties at a technical level, through own knowledge, research or effective consultation with team members.
The Storage Services team is a dynamic work environment presenting multiple challenges engaging with many other IT areas. The role will appeal to highly experienced IT professionals, with appropriate technical skills, who are interested in pursuing a challenging role.
* Respond to requests for technical support of the systems underpinning the Services, specifically Storage, Backup & Archive. Guide junior staff in responding by interpreting data, recommending system modifications, site specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems or changing operating procedures. Produce additional documentation, train users or escalate requests to software suppliers.
* Proactively drive the consolidation of similar operations that exists in other IT teams into the service to alleviate overheads elsewhere and drive a standard and consistent
approach to storage service delivery.
*Maintain a strong current understanding of wider IT landscape, with a proven track record in the development of solutions to challenges in current and previous roles.
* Manage the implementation of system changes. Review solutions and make recommendations to improve efficiency, effectiveness and speed of implementation.
*Analyse incidents and other requests for support that arise, identify trends and potential problem areas and provide technical assistance to resolve the issues. Review the problem management solutions to ensure that permanent solutions are implemented.
* Maintain and develop a deep working knowledge of own specific technical environment and work with other units to implement their required solutions in that environment.
* Implement new solutions and processes within own area of expertise.
* An excellent customer service ethos with proven relationship management experience coupled with an ability to communicate effectively with partners.
* A strong understanding of IT within with a proved track record in the development of solutions to challenges.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, an effective networker and influencer skilled at building valuable relationships.
* Assist in development of contingency plans that have adequate back up and back out facilities. Help to ensure that business continuity planning policy requirements are embedded in all relevant Information Systems.
The minimum key criteria for this role:
* Extensive technical knowledge of storage technologies, with a minimum of 8 years hands-on experience at a senior level.
* Infrastructure and tools - storage area networking (SAN), enterprise storage array management, host integration, backup, archive and recovery solutions
* Experience and confidence in problem solving and decision making within the context of critical operational service issues, representing Storage subject matter expertise.
* Extensive experience in the design and implementation of data-resilience and protection of end-to-end IT solutions.
* Hands-on experience in the implementation and use of enterprise storage management, monitoring, automation and storage performance analysis tools and techniques.
Please apply if you are a senior SAN Storage Engineer.
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a SAN wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of SAN jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top SAN jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
SAP SAP APO SAP BI / SAP BW SAP CRM SAP Data Migration SAP FICO SAP HR SAP MM SAP PP SAP SD SAP WM SAPIENS SAS SAS70 Scada SCCM SCO Scrum SDK SDLC SDSF SECURITY SELCOPY Selenium SEO Servers Service Delivery Service Orientated Architecture (SOA) Sharepoint SHELL SCRIPTS SIEBEL