The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect SOLARIS jobs in Cork Ireland. Browse through a large selection of SOLARIS roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract SOLARIS jobs and permanent SOLARIS jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all SOLARIS jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: UNIX , SOLARIS , LINUX
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires an experienced Systems Administrator for a permanent role in North Dublin...
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires an experienced Systems Administrator for a permanent role in North Dublin. The candidate will join a team of Unix Systems Administrators providing support to all the Unix (Solaris), Linux (Red Hat) and SAN storage & fabric environments under the teams responsibility
Unix Administrator Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include designing and implementing processes and procedures to insure the availability of our Unix and Linux servers, troubleshooting both hardware and software problems, and providing day-to-day systems support. The candidate will join a global team of Unix System administrators providing support to all our Unix & Linux systems.
Unix Administrator Essential Requirements
• 6+ years of experience with Solaris systems administration
• Solid understanding of Solaris 10 with experience in Solaris 11 an advantage
• 4+ years experience with Red Hat Enterprise Server administration
• Experience writing and maintaining shell scripts
• Experience with Citrix Netcaler platforms
• Strong analytical and design skills, excellent planning and problem solving skills
• Knowledgeable in performance tuning
• 2+ years of experience with enterprise storage
• 2+ years of experience with SAN fabric management
• 2+ years project management skills
• Flexibility to be on-call 24X7 and work nights/weekends when needed
• Some international travel may be required
• Education: BS degree or comparable experience
• Previous experience with Oracle Database and applications would be advantage
• Team player with good customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Must be able to work independently and on a team with minimal supervision
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering a strong salary and benefits package. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Unix / Linux / Red Hat / Solaris / Unix Administrator / Unix Admin / Solaris Admin / Linux Administrator /
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin North Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: UNIX , SOLARIS
Description: Unix Solaris Engineer Responsibilities • Design, configuration, support and maintenance of my UNIX (Mainly Solaris) infrastructure • Setup, configuration, and maintenance of various aspects...
Description: Unix Solaris Engineer
• Design, configuration, support and maintenance of my UNIX (Mainly Solaris) infrastructure
• Setup, configuration, and maintenance of various aspects of the UNIX environment, including but not limited to hardware and software management, security patches and health check monitoring
• Installation and configuration of Servers and the maintenance and upgrading of same
• Responsibility for the research, product comparison and recommendation of new hardware and software in line with the technology plans of the Europe office.
• Working as part of the Systems Support team to ensure that products work correctly when installed and help with any installation problems they may have
• Also supporting the London Office so some travel will be required
• Interaction with Unix support teams globally in other offices
• Interaction with Network and Windows Support teams.
Key Performance Indicators
• Smooth running of all Unix based hardware/software
• Project Management
• Team contribution
• Client satisfaction
• Proactive approach to all aspects of the IT environment
• Ongoing effective communication processes are in place
• Addressing personal training requirements ensuring proficiency is reached in all areas.…
Skills & Experience
• A relevant Solaris qualification would be a distinct advantage
• Strong Solaris X86/Sparc experience (Linux and Nagios Monitoring an advantage)
• 3-4 years relevant work exp.
• High level of UNIX software and hardware knowledge
• Installation , rollout and maintenance skills required
• Network Appliance experience an advantage
• Proven ability to manage projects
• Quality mindset and striving to resolve issues
• Client focused
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure
Very attractive Remuneration Package.
Please apply ASAP if your interested in the role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin South Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: AIX , SOLARIS , HPUX , UNIX
Description: Unix Administrator - 12 month daily rate contract Overview: Job Functions: * Technical Support for Unix Servers within the Company (Covers all flavours of Unix) * Installation/Maintenance *...
Description: Unix Administrator - 12 month daily rate contract
* Technical Support for Unix Servers within the Company (Covers all flavours of Unix)
* Performance Monitoring/Tuning
* Capacity Planning
* Design of Unix Solutions
The role is to support various Unix servers within the Company. The flavours of Unix include HP-UX, AIX, Linux and Solaris. The Unix team supports various business units within the Company, and various application types (Oracle database environments, Internet applications, firewalls, MQ, Connect Direct, Websphere, etc).
The role includes:
• developing solutions to automate unix system administration, deployment and management activities
• participating in the development of standards, processes, and procedures
• task automation and implementation of process improvements
• performing root-cause analysis of infrastructure problems; identifying solutions and making recommendations; assisting with taking appropriate remedial steps towards solution
• designing, developing, testing, implementation and maintenance of complex systems infrastructure
• 4 years + Unix Sys Admin experience (Any mainstream flavour of unix is fine)
• High Availability Software experience (Veritas , MC/Serviceguard)
• Virtualisation/consolidation experience
• Network: TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS
• Some Oracle, Connect:Direct, MQ, NBU, Bladelogic, TWS, etc
• Change, incident and problem management
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Ability to plan and progress changes and to work to tight deadlines
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 286 6666
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a SOLARIS wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of SOLARIS jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top SOLARIS jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
Solvency 2 SOX SPANISH SPRING SQL SQL FORMS SQL SERVER SSADM SSIS SSRS STAFFWARE STORED PROCEDURES STRATUS STRUTS SUMMIT SUN SUNOS SUPERBASE Swedish SWIFT SWITCHES SYBASE SYNON/2 SYSTEL TAL TANDEM TAPI TCP/IP TELECOMS Temenos T24 TERADATA