The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect SOLARIS jobs in Cork Ireland. Browse through a large selection of SOLARIS roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract SOLARIS jobs and permanent SOLARIS jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all SOLARIS jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: Steven Hegarty Skills Keywords: UNIX , LINUX , SOLARIS
Description: SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - UNIX CORK Position: System Administrator - Unix Division: CTM Reports to: Systems Administrator Manager - Unix Location: Cork, Ireland Job Status: Full Time I...
Description: SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR - UNIX CORK
Position: System Administrator - Unix Division: CTM Reports to: Systems Administrator Manager - Unix Location: Cork, Ireland Job Status: Full Time
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION:
As a Systems Administrator - Unix, you would help lead the Unix System Administration team which provides 24x7 production support for mission critical environments accessed worldwide.
II. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONS:
This position is part of the Information Technology team and reports to Systems Administration Lead / Manager.
III. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Address day-to-day server issues in a production environment that requires quick turnaround.
• Plan, prepare and complete Solaris and Linux OS patching.
• Perform essential UNIX administration tasks – server builds, patching, user administration, cluster management, software installations, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
• Provide 24x7 operations support. Promptly respond to telephone calls, voice-mail and e-mail.
• Resolve and document system errors and performance issues.
• Perform root cause analysis of critical errors and outages.
• Identification and resolution of customer issues
• Accept responsibility and personal accountability
IV. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Undergraduate degree in computing or computing equivalent or technical-related area together with equivalent working experience
• 3 - 5 years of relevant IT experience.
• Strong knowledge of Solaris OS and RedHat Linux administration and patching practices
• Candidate must possess good troubleshooting skills and should be able to identify and quickly resolve issues caused by OS patching and changes
• Good knowledge of clustering technologies, preferable Sun Cluster
• ZFS administration
• Solaris volume manager and Logical Volume Manager
• Strong scripting experience (Perl, Python, Shell)
• Must know how to build Solaris packages and Linux RPMs
• Experience with Nagios, Graphite, Puppet or similar tools is a plus
• Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make a project better, identify and report issues, demonstrate strong concern for clients and initiatives).
• Demonstrate strategic thinking.
• Demonstrate effective oral and written communication with customers IT team members including managers and peers.
• Must have production support experience and must have worked in 24x7 support environments.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and changing priorities. Must be able to work in high-pressure environment, sometimes independently and sometimes as part of a project team.
• Perform other technical duties as assigned
• Position: System Administrator - Unix Division: CTM Reports to: Systems Administrator Manager - Unix Location: Cork, Ireland Job Status: Full Time
V. WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a challenging job in a growing international company, an opportunity to expand your business knowledge by working with prestigious clients and complex financial and technological instruments, and a friendly and fast-paced environment. Additionally, we are proud to offer our employees competitive compensation, vacation and health insurance benefits.
For more information and to apply, please email an updated CV to email@example.com or call 01 286 6666
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a SOLARIS wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of SOLARIS jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top SOLARIS jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
Solvency 2 SOX SPANISH SPRING SQL SQL FORMS SQL SERVER SSADM SSIS SSRS STAFFWARE STORED PROCEDURES STRATUS STRUTS SUMMIT SUN SUNOS SUPERBASE Swedish SWIFT SWITCHES SYBASE SYNON/2 SYSTEL TAL TANDEM TAPI TCP/IP TELECOMS Telephony Temenos T24