The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect UNIX jobs in Dublin Ireland. Browse through a large selection of UNIX roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract UNIX jobs and permanent UNIX jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Darragh Heavey Skills Keywords: TESTER , UNIX , LINUX , JAVA
Description: Non Functional Tester The Non Functional Software Tester will contribute to planning & testing functions to ensure that projects meet organisational standards and user requirements...
Description: Non Functional Tester
The Non Functional Software Tester will contribute to planning & testing functions to ensure that projects meet organisational standards and user requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Create, design and execute Non-Functional tests on a UNIX/LINUX 3 tier platform
• Understand complex testing results and quantify them into “bite size” analysis for other team members and/or senior management
• Create and design dashboards from complex logs with SPLUNK, “Operational Intelligence” Software
• Understand technical outputs such as “Performance logging”, CPU, Garbage Collection, Network, etc.
• Work on a highly driven team to deliver rapid testing for multiple clients
• Work with the development and product teams to understand the Non-functional requirements
• Plan test schedules in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and escalate identified risks as and when they occur
• Assist development and product teams in bottleneck investigation
• Provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality
Professional / Academic
• 2.1 Bachelor’s degree or Masters in computer science or equivalent
• 3-5 years Non-Functional Testing Experience
• Experience with Unix (e.g. Solaris) & Linux (e.g. Red Hat)
• Exposure to and having used Non-Functional test tools to simulate running multiple process in parallel
• Scripting (e.g. Shell Bash)
• Experience with JEE/Java platforms
• Exposure with SPLUNK or other “Operational Intelligence” software
• Relational Databases (e.g. Oracle, Sybase), SQL
• Working knowledge of financial markets and more specifically risk management would be a plus
• Ability to prioritize tasks, to ensure deadlines are achieved
• Excellent problem solving skills and willingness to learn new technologies and skills quickly
• The ability to work independently and in small teams, partner effectively cross-group
• Display personal commitment, effort, motivation and initiative in all aspects of work
• Good design and testing skills, passion for quality and attention to details
• Willingness to display flexibility in a fast-paced, ever-changing working environment is essential
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Stephen Daly Skills Keywords: UNIX , LINUX
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced UNIX/Linux Server Support Specialist to join their expanding team in a permanent role...
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced UNIX/Linux Server Support Specialist to join their expanding team in a permanent role.
This role will support the migration of applications within and between Our Client’s data centres, and the migration of virtual Linux servers from old to new server hardware.
The role will also support business-as-usual server, directory, and virtualisation operations.
The role will report to the Technical Lead of the data centre Migration Project, located within Our Client’s IT Project Delivery Organisation. In a transition context, the role may alternatively report to the Server Team Leader, located within IT Service Delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities.
1. Installation and configuration of AIX systems.
2. Administration and monitoring of LPAR’s
3. Administration and monitoring of Power Server hardware
4. Installation and configuration of RHEL systems
5. Management of VMware server virtualisation infrastructure
6. Troubleshooting of performance issues on AIX/Power servers
7. Troubleshooting of performance issues on Linux/x86 servers
8. Patching and upgrading of Operating System software
9. Assist in auditing and necessary reporting, as required.
10. Respond to and fix calls escalated within OLA / SLA.
11. Creation and maintenance of documentation.
12. Assisting in the migration of servers to new infrastructure.
13. Support the planning and execution of application migrations
14. Support the planning and execution of physical UNIX server moves
15. Support the migration of virtual servers to new hardware
16. Troubleshoot server migration issues
Technical skills (Essential).
• Excellent Knowledge of enterprise UNIX, preferably AIX
• Excellent Knowledge of enterprise IBM Power server hardware
• Solid experience of AIX and Linux OS installs, patching and troubleshooting
• Experience of high-availability and disaster recovery UNIX configurations
• Experience in Shell programming and automation of UNIX Sys Admin tasks
• Knowledge of Bash and/or Korn Shell scripting
• In-depth knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software Technologies
• Excellent knowledge of Infrastructure Hardware and Software best practices
• Solid experience of UNIX/Linux networking, routing technologies
• Knowledge of DB2 and Oracle databases
• Solid experience of troubleshooting in a UNIXI/Linux environment
• Knowledge of IBM RISC Servers (Power 5, 6, 7).
Technical skills (Desirable).
• Knowledge of UC4/Automic automation software
• Knowledge of VMware (ESXi 5.0, 5.5, 6.0), SRM
• Solid experience of troubleshooting in a Windows/VMware environment
• Knowledge of Dell Servers (tower, rack & VRTX), Open Manage, IT Assistant;
• Infrastructure Solutions Architecture.
Essential Soft skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Be a proven team player.
• Knowledge of current IT technologies and service management processes.
• Have demonstrated ability to drive technical issues through to completion.
• Work to a high standard of quality and thoroughness.
• Have strong organisational and time management skills.
• Work well under pressure.
• Have a positive, “can-do” attitude.
• Recognised third level computing qualification.
• IBM, RHEL, or other relevant IT Industry accreditations.
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering an excellent daily rate for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
To view further UNIX/Linux Server Support Specialist positions please visit www.irishjobs.ie/Member.asp?Mid=824
Please register your CV with us on the following link:- www.eolas.ie/reg_form.php
Skillset: UNIX / Linux / Linux Administrator
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin 1 Contact: Niamh Loftus Skills Keywords: UNIX , AIX
Description: UNIX Administrator with 3 years’ experience required for Top Financial Services Company based in Dublin City Centre. My client is looking for a UNIX Administrator with circa 3 years experience...
Description: UNIX Administrator with 3 years’ experience required for Top Financial Services Company based in Dublin City Centre.
My client is looking for a UNIX Administrator with circa 3 years experience.
The successful candidate will have experience with Unix and understand volume management, user management, basic security, command line, vi, scripting and team working.
• Power 7 & Power 8 IBM power kit
• AIX 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
• Server migrations
• Mksysb backups
• NIM server
• AIX performance monitoring
• User admin
• Server security compliance
• Familiarity with Oracle
• Red hat linux
• Strong command line skills for troubleshooting.
• Familiarity with change control and ITIL processes.
• Careful approach to changes to minimise impact to business.
• Professional approach to colleagues.
• Team working.
• Good communication and follow through on tasks and project work.
• Ability to work to deadlines and project timelines.
This is initially a 1 year Fixed term contract with a view to going Permanent.
Apply Now with your Updated CV to Nollaig@eolas.ie for more information.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: Niamh Loftus Skills Keywords: .NET , UNIX , Windows 2008
Description: Access Control Administrator required in Cork Administrating user access in relation to the storage systems used, these include Windows, Unix and EMC Celerra...
Description: Access Control Administrator required in Cork
Administrating user access in relation to the storage systems used, these include Windows, Unix and EMC Celerra.
Performing User Access Reviews
• Ideally the candidate should have previous experience Active Directory and storage Infrastructure is essential.
• Has the personal presence and track record to communicate effectively and command respect from staff at all levels
• Has a technical background of sufficient depth and width to be able to recognize opportunities for their team.
• Experience of service provision with a strong customer focus.
• A high degree of flexibility to achieve high performing standards.
• Willingness to support on-call and weekend cover as and when required.
• Ability to work in a pressurised environment.
• A desire to develop their IT competency through training and education
• Preferably a third level IT qualification or relevant experience in an Access Control function.
Experience in .Net programing, VBA programing, Hyena, VB Scripting and Shell Scripting is required
This is a permanent role based in Cork.
Attractive salary and benefits package on offer.
Apply now with your updated CV to email@example.com
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: ORACLE , SQL , UNIX
Description: Page Title Technical Operations Team Lead: An fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Operations Team Leader to join our client, one of Ireland's leading Software IT...
Technical Operations Team Lead:
An fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Operations Team Leader to join our client, one of Ireland's leading Software IT companies based in the City Centre.
The successful candidate will lead the IT operations team in performing the day to day IT duties for the organisation. These duties will range from data analysis, system admin or testing.
• Manage team responsible for providing technical support and campaign set up for in country teams.
• Take direct responsibility for application and campaign deployment.
• Work directly with in country teams to resolve campaign issue escalations and manage communications for service outages.
• Ensure that internal and external SLA’s and contractual obligations are met.
• Manage highly critical situations for the most sensitive campaigns.
• Reinforce team structure and grow team’s skill sets.
• 6 years + experience in operations environment and interacting with multi skilled teams.
• Strong telecoms and IT knowledge capable of understanding complex technical environments.
• Strong database skills. Good knowledge of Oracle would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of UNIX or LINUX
• Proven leadership ability.
• Demonstrated success in monitoring and coordinating a multi skilled team in performance and productivity.
• Must be able to work on your own initiative.
• Should be outgoing with excellent communication skills.
• Professional and personal credibility with a good understanding of the telecoms industry.
• An ability to get on well with others. A positive, proactive "can do" attitude.
• Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
• Must have excellent attention to detail, be highly organised and flexible.
If interested in this role please do not hesitate to contact me on 01 286 6666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a UNIX wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of UNIX jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top UNIX jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.
Utilities Sector UX-UI VB.Net VBA VBSCRIPT VENTURA Verilog VHDL VIRTUAL LEARNING Virtualisation VISIO VISION+ VISUAL BASIC VISUAL C++ Visual Café VISUAL STUDIO VME VMS VMWARE VOIP VOS VPN VSAM VTAM WAN WANG WAP WEB WEBLOGIC WEBMETHODS WEBSPHERE