The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect WAN jobs in Dublin Ireland. Browse through a large selection of WAN roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract WAN jobs and permanent WAN jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Contact: Katie Dunne Skills Keywords: LAN , WAN , Windows 2008 , MCSE
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires an EMEA LAN/WAN Infrastructure Support to join their existing team in a six month fixed term contract position...
Description: My Dublin based client currently requires an EMEA LAN/WAN Infrastructure Support to join their existing team in a six month fixed term contract position.
EMEA LAN/WAN Infrastructure Support:
The ongoing maintenance of all elements of local and wide area network hardware and software as part of the EMEA LAN/WAN Infrastructure Team. This includes responsibility for liaising with outsourced service providers for the provision of any service pertaining to local or wide area networks.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Monitor the ongoing performance and reliability of all aspects of the LAN/WAN infrastructure for EMEA offices in order to maximise performance and reliability, to minimise business disruption through unscheduled downtime.
• Ensure that all server-based data is backed up on a daily basis and that the data on all servers is appropriately protected via anti-virus software, including up-to-date virus definitions files
• Provide LAN/WAN troubleshooting and fault resolution services across all EMEA offices in order to minimise business disruption through downtime of LAN/WAN services.
• Carry out all active directory administration tasks required to ensure the security and availability of networks.
• Provide 3rd line support to the EMEA regions including support/administration of VOIP & Video infrastructure.
The role is technical, however the LAN/WAN infrastructure team will have an influence on many levels as they will be looked upon as subject experts who can provide advice, recommendations and, where necessary, have the authority to insist upon certain technical solutions. In so doing, they will have an influence on the following roles:
Local IT resources – The Network team will work with any local IT resources to provide appropriate solutions and to ensure ongoing management of those solutions.
• This is primarily a technical role, with specific requirements as regards technical knowledge:-
o MCSE or MCSA on Windows Server 2003/2008
o Knowledge of Internet Protocol
o Working level of knowledge on Cisco IOS
• Communication skills, both written and verbal.
• A proactive approach.
• The ability to prioritise workload and work with minimal supervision.
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering a strong salary and benefits package for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on email@example.com for immediate consideration.
Skillset: LAN/ WAN /Infrastructure / Support
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: WAN , CISCO , SECURITY
Description: Systems Architect - 24x7 Production Overview: The Systems Architect position is a Senior role with significant responsibility for our platform technical architecture...
Description: Systems Architect - 24x7 Production
The Systems Architect position is a Senior role with significant responsibility for our platform technical architecture. The successful candidate must be an Infrastructure thought leader with at least 10 years experience in the design and delivery of Enterprise Class infrastructure services.
The successful candidate will own the Infrastructure Platform strategy for the production 24/7 Systems. This will involve the creation, ownership and publishing of the following:
• Infrastructure Platform strategy and future vision – this vision must be aligned and continually updated to reflect business objectives
• Infrastructure Platform roadmap – programs and projects required to deliver the future vision
• Lead the design of our platform technical architecture
• Infrastructure Platform Risk Registers – any roadmap must be conscious of the need to continually reduce my clients risk profile
• Infrastructure Platform policies and standards
• Process(es) by which the strategy, roadmap, policies and standards are created and updated
• Ad-hoc infrastructure designs and consultancy to support platform projects
• Experienced in delivering infrastructure
• Prior ownership of IT infrastructure roadmaps across all infrastructure components – server, storage, OS including virtualisation, security, database, network, and physical environment
• A collaborative team player, working with the Platform Strategy group and the Application Architect to develop the IT infrastructure roadmaps
• Expertise – this role will provide expertise on infrastructure architecture issues, and as such requires the ability to express complex infrastructure concepts in clear and concise language with partners, prospects, and customers
The Systems Architect must maintain a level of expertise in all current technologies used by the organisation, as well as those which are likely to be considered for future use, these include:
• Data centre co-location services
• Core network technologies including Internet connectivity, WAN/MPLS services and Metro Ethernet services
• Cisco (and competing vendors) network and security products (switches, routers, firewalls, IPS, load balancing)
• Security services such as DDoS mitigation services
• Server Hardware from major vendors such as HP and IBM
• Fibre-channel storage for major vendors such as IBM, EMC and HP
• High throughput, low latency storage solutions
• Virtualisation technologies from VMware and other leading vendors
• Operating Systems – Windows 2008, Linux (RedHat Enterprise and other leading vendors) as well as a familiarity with other UNIX-like operating systems
• Database – Microsoft SQL server 2008
• Application servers including IIS and Apache/tomcat
• Logging, monitoring, alerting, reporting and trending frameworks
Very attractive Remuneration Package.
For further information and to apply please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 286 6666
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a WAN wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of WAN jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top WAN jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.