The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect Windows 2008 jobs in Galway Ireland. Browse through a large selection of Windows 2008 roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract Windows 2008 jobs and permanent Windows 2008 jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all Windows 2008 jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Co Meath Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: Windows 2008 , ACTIVE DIRECTORY
Description: IT Systems Administrator The core role is IT Systems Administration / IT Systems Administrator and IT Support of the core LAN network...
Description: IT Systems Administrator
The core role is IT Systems Administration / IT Systems Administrator and IT Support of the core LAN network. The role will involve supporting a Windows LAN environment (Active Directory / Exchange / VPN / VOIP / Windows Servers etc. Also this person will be reporting into the Head of IT so the right person will be heavily involved in all IT Project work throughout the company and will also be involved in supporting key Business Applications (ERP / Production Systems etc).
Key Responsibilities :
•Support to users and local site IT Production on various hardware and software issues and ensuring that IT support is provided to the highest standard.
•Understand various system’s and production processes deployed across the site at a process level as well as i.t. requirement
•Support various LAN networks with knowledge of VLANs, DNS, DHCP, etc.
•Create Knowledge Base articles and white papers to help increase user awareness of complex Support issues
•Assume full ownership and responsibility of all logged issues ensuring they are dealt with promptly and professionally and satisfactorily concluded
•Daily checks of operations of production maintaining all IT equipment
•Experienced in analysing problem’s performing root cause analysis along the way and ensuring preventative measures are put in place to help prevent issues happening in the future.
•Experience in supporting handheld devices
•Interact with end users on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues providing regular feedback / updates / status on open issues, projects etc.
•Work with other technical staff to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems
•Support various projects being implemented across production.
•Backup & recovery of the systems / servers by deploying and carrying out daily checks
•Training Users on new Technologies may also be required when necessary.
•Develop and maintain knowledge of issues, software & technologies currently in use or scheduled for users.
•Manage and troubleshoot phone system (TDM & VOIP)
•Work with Senior Management & production supervisors to proactively identify opportunities for improvements to processes and solutions
•Co-ordinate with external managed service providers for services and purchase of I.T. equipment to the site.
Key Competencies for Role:
•3 + years' experience in pure IT Systems Administrator Support role, with some experience of working in production industry.
•Working Knowledge of ERP systems desirable
•Working Knowledge of Industrial Label Printers and Label design methodologies highly desirable
•MCITP / MCSE Windows Server Admin / Active Directory / Exchange Desirable
•Must be a Strong Team Player
•Support & manage mobility devices / support & manage hardware laptop / desktops, printers & IP phones
•Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
•Experience with CCTV/ Phone systems Desirable
Apply now to email@example.com for more details on the role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: Windows 2008
Description: Service Desk Analyst required for Top Financial Services Company based in Dublin 1...
Description: Service Desk Analyst required for Top Financial Services Company based in Dublin 1.
Responsibilities & Duties of the Service Desk Analyst:
• Perform incident management on support products and services.
• Contribute technical content and departmental procedures to the knowledge base.
• The Service Desk Analyst Maintain timely awareness of current initiatives, rollouts and changes to technical environments.
• Adhere to the Service Desk process and procedure guidelines during the incident lifecycle.
• Perform triage, resolve incidents and respond to queries on PC's, laptops, terminals, printers, mobile devices, tablets, shrink wrap and in-house applications, Outlook, Citrix, LAN, WAN and Global Network.
• Adhere to agreed service levels and quality measures.
Necessary Qualifications / Skills for the Service Desk Analyst:
• 2-3 years experience in a similar technical support role.
• IT / Computer Science qualification.
• The Service Desk Analyst must have excellent PC troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to perform unscripted subject related triage and leverage established technical knowledge not available in knowledge base
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work within deadlines and to service level agreements.
• Ability to work within a pressurized environment.
• Excellent working knowledge and experience supporting Windows Operating Systems.
• Experience working with MAC OS, Unix, Linux.
• Very good networking skills and understanding of the concepts of a Network.
• Very good working knowledge of supporting Outlook and Office products.
• Good working knowledge of basic PC architecture.
• Experience supporting Citrix systems a distinct advantage.
• Knowledge of ITIL concepts or an ITIL qualification would be an advantage.
• Knowledge of Remedy 7.5 a distinct advantage.
This role involves shift work.
Apply Now with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Cork Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: Windows 2008 , VMWARE
Description: Lead Storage Consultant required for Permanent role with leading Financial Services Company based in Cork...
Description: Lead Storage Consultant required for Permanent role with leading Financial Services Company based in Cork.
• Lead the Storage Team within IT Operations with a particular focus on managing the storage environment to adequately support all business requirements based on the service required by the customer.
• Engage with the business data owners, CMO and project managers to establish Storage requirements aligned to performance required.
• In addition to your role as Storage Consultant, you will also have the following Team Leadership responsibilities
• Provide support to the Team Manager on the wider strategic team agenda and on Service Management for the Systems Team
• Assist the Team Manager in the delivery of projects to agreed service and quality standards
• Take responsibility for day to day management of all aspects of performance / behaviours / time and attendance of the staff in the unit
• Support the Team Manager in implementing changes in processes and systems to deliver productivity and service improvements
• Represent the Team Manager at meetings with clients, customers and other teams
• Provide cover in the absence of the Team Manager / other Team Leads as required
Responsibilities of the Lead Storage Consultant:
• Planning and organising of the daily workload within the unit
• Working to maintain/improve our service and quality standards
• Leading and motivating the unit
• Dealing professionally with issues when they arise
• Performance Management of direct reports
• Identify Training Needs of Unit
• Project Management
• Implement Storage Strategy
• Ensuring Storage requirements for the systems are met
• Engage with CMO office to ensure future project demands for Storage are planned and appropriate Business/IT budget in place for storage purchases
• 5+ Years IT Experience
• A proven record of delivering projects under pressurised deadlines
• Ability to work under pressure when managing Service issues in IT
• Experience in Storage Administration (VMWare, Windows 2003 &2008 Operating Systems, Server Monitoring & Alerting).
• The Storage team provide out of hours on call support. The Team Lead will be required to both manage and participate in this on call rota.
• Demonstrated a positive & favourable approach to change
• A proven record of working well with other business sections
• Demonstrated a strong ability & desire to promote & foster a team spirit within the IT Operations to work effectively to a common goal.
• An ability to plan, organise and prioritise work in a busy working environment
• A high level of organisational ability and attention to detail
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to critically analyse issues in order to make confident decisions within their area.
• Experience in the some of the following storage technologies
o Storage Administration of Arrays including LUN provisioning for Windows, Unix & VMWare, Disaster Recovery using SRDF replication and general monitoring for performance & availability
Storage Consultant, Lead Storage Consultant, Storage Administration, Performance Management, Storage Strategy, Windows, Unix, VMWare, Storage Specialist, Storage Support Technician, Storage Support Specialist, Servers, Operating Systems, Storage Management, Windows Administration.
Apply now with your CV to email@example.com for more information
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Nollaig Leydon Skills Keywords: ACTIVE DIRECTORY , Servers , VMWARE , Windows 2008 , Windows 2012
Description: Senior Systems Administrator The Senior System Administrator is responsible for all ICT onsite service and support needs for our customers in ROI and NI...
Description: Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior System Administrator is responsible for all ICT onsite service and support needs for our customers in ROI and NI. This role relates to all technology: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
• This role requires an individual with the desire to learn and deliver.
• Responsible for Level 3 support of the Overall Technical Architecture
• Responsible for maintaining and supporting the ICT infrastructure. This includes all servers, storage, virtualization and networking components
• Responsible for delivery of complex IT Infrastructure projects
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Active Directory, Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Lync etc.
• Technical services implementation and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
• Responsible for filling out, reviewing and completing assigned tasks within the Service Desk system
• Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with computing equipment and software
• Implementation and support of company mobile device platform and all company mobile devices
• Create and maintain ICT documentation. This includes system reviews and recommendations
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
• Complete and report on tasks assigned by ICT Operations manager
Experience and Skills required:
• Proven track record for Design, delivery and sourcing for Major infrastructure projects.
• Proven track record in Managing 3rd party Vendors.
• Min 5 years supporting a Windows Infrastructure including Windows Server 2008 R2/2008/2003 and Windows 7/XP
• Min 5 years supporting an Active Directory Environment
• Min 5 years supporting an Exchange 20100703 infrastructure
• Vmware ESX 5 support
• Experience in supporting Cisco switches, Firewalls and routers
• SAN administration
• Good experience 1-2 years using the System Center 2007
• Experience 5 years in troubleshooting network, software,
• Escalate service issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels
• Communicate to internal customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
• Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how ICT relates to the business strategy and goals
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organization’s key ICT services for which support is being provided
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• Works with all external ICT vendor support contacts on projects
• Works with all external ICT vendors and to resolve technical problems
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively at all levels
For more information on the Systems Administrator role, contact Nollaig in Eolas Recruitment on 01-286 6666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin City Centre Contact: Fay Gough Skills Keywords: Windows 2008 , Windows 2012 , SAN , Virtualisation , CLUSTERING
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced Windows Server Engineer to join their expanding team in a permanent role...
Description: My Dublin based client is currently looking for an experienced Windows Server Engineer to join their expanding team in a permanent role.
Windows Server Engineer with F5 LTM/GTM
Do you have what it takes to deliver leading-edge high value infrastructure projects for a mission critical high volume transaction processing business operating across distributed data centres?
The core business develops and operates a proprietary technology platform and IT operational services to an Exchange and distributed Broker network across multiple data centres and locations.
It is a mission critical, high volume transaction processing environment where system performance and availability are critical success factors. These CSF’s are underpinned by the industry leading infrastructure design, implementation and management.
As Windows Server Engineer you will be part of a mature Infrastructure team that oversees the performance, availability, operational effectiveness and growth of the platform.
Much of the role is comprised of project driven work with some day to day support activities. It is a is a highly technical role covering a broad spectrum of server and infrastructure technologies with a strong focus on Microsoft Server technologies, Servers, f5 LTM/GTM and 3 Par Storage.
In time, you will also be required to cover an on-call support rota covering weekends and out of hours, with other team members.
We are recruiting a number of roles suitable for engineers at different levels of experience and seniority but each candidate must have excellent working knowledge and strong technical experience in the following:
The ideal candidate must have 3+ years’ experience and be expert in the following Windows Server Technologies
• Windows 2012 and 2008 R2
• Windows High Availability Solutions
• Windows Virtualisation Technologies
• Windows Clustering and MSMQ
• F5 LTM/GTM
Strong working expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable:
• HP Servers, SAN Products and Technologies
• Windows Networking
• F5 LTM/GTM
• EVA or P Class (Left Hand) SAN, 3Par
• Windows Monitoring and Management Technologies – HP SIM, System Centre
• Active Directory and Domain Policy Management
• Powershell / Scripting
• Web Server Technologies - IIS
You should also have
• Minimum of 5 years hands on experience these technologies ideally in a 24 x 7 environment.
• MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, MCSD or similar certifications
• Strong team player attributes.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Planning and organizing skills
• Analysis and problem solving skills
Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits package commensurate with candidate’s experience.
This is an excellent role with a market leading client offering an excellent salary for the right candidate. The client is eager to interview ASAP so please contact me on 01 2866666 or email me on email@example.com for immediate consideration.
To view further Windows Server Engineer positions please visit www.irishjobs.ie/Member.asp?Mid=824
Please register your CV with us on the following link:- www.eolas.ie/reg_form.php
Skillset: windows server/ HP/ SAN/ f5/ virtualisation /clustering
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a Windows 2008 wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of Windows 2008 jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top Windows 2008 jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.