The job search on the left helps you to find the perfect ZOS jobs in Waterford Ireland. Browse through a large selection of ZOS roles. When you find a suitable position simply apply for the position. Eolas speciaise in contract ZOS jobs and permanent ZOS jobs.
For your convienence why not save the jobs as you search and then apply to them all at once.
For your convenience we have pulled back all ZOS jobs in the database. The perfect job could be there for you. Please be aware that the locations may vary.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin South Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: WEBSPHERE , ZOS
Description: Systems Administrator, Mainframe (z/OS) Websphere Application Server Specialist Overview: My Dublin City Centre based client is currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator, Mainframe...
Description: Systems Administrator, Mainframe (z/OS) Websphere Application Server Specialist
My Dublin City Centre based client is currently recruiting for a Systems Administrator, Mainframe (z/OS) Websphere Application Server Specialist for an excellent Financial Services client.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
Minimum Criteria :
• Demonstrated working experience (3-5 Years) on z/OS.
• Knowledge and experience on Installation, Configuration and operational management of Mainframe based Websphere Application Server.
• Experience supporting Websphere Application Server Application delivery using Websphere Application Server Administration Console, Scripting or other methodologies.
• Experience performing Problem Diagnosis and Performance of Websphere Application Server and associated applications.
• Experience in the use of monitoring tools or products such as ITCAM or Interscope.
• Effective documentation skills and experience used to maintain normal operational documentation and procedures.
• Willingness to provide out of hours and on-call support on the team as required or on a rotational basis.
• Experience of Websphere Application Server and associated technologies
• Proficiency usingz/OS ISPF, JCL, SDSF, USS and any Security (SAF based) product.
• Knowledge of application deployment techniques and procedures in a Websphere environment.
• Experience and capability in dealing with vendors for problem determination.
• Proficient in data transfer (and transformation) to and from host systems.
• Proficient with standard word processing and spreadsheet tools.
Desirable Skills but not mandatory:
• TCP/IP knowledge (general network theory and TCP/IP administration on SystemZ)
• ITCAM experience
• Datapower(XI50) Appliance experience
• Knowledge and experience of SSL
• Unix Scripting Capability
• REXX programming capability
• Linux or zLinux experience
Academic Qualification: Computer Science Degree
Very attractive Remuneration Package.
For further information and to apply please email an updated CV to email@example.com or call 01 286 6666
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin South Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: DB2 , ZOS
Description: DB2 (zOS) DBA Role Overview The Database Administration team provides technical database support for Mainframe and Enterprise Data Warehouse Database Management Systems: DB2 on...
Description: DB2 (zOS) DBA Role
The Database Administration team provides technical database support for Mainframe and Enterprise Data Warehouse Database Management Systems:
DB2 on z/OS
The support provided includes:
Production database capacity monitoring
Production database performance analysis
Deployment and migration of DB2 objects through the development, test and production environments
SME support of the DB tools and utilities deployed
Engage with technical infrastructure support teams and IT development teams in performance and problem resolution and application design and development
Application access techniques
As a member of DBA team the individual will be required to carry out the following support:
• Provide DB2 z/OS DBA technical support in the development, test and production environments.
• Provide technical support for the DB2 tools and utilities in use.
• Capacity management of production DB2 objects.
• Performance management of DB2 objects and engage with technical support teams in performance and problem resolution
• Engage with IT development teams in DB2 application design and development
• Support currency of DB2 z/OS and the associated tools and utilities
• Responsibility for the deployment and migration of DB2 objects through the development, test and production environments
Skills Required :
• Extensive knowledge of DB2 on zOS
• Knowledge of IBM Mainframe environment
• DB2 Utilities either IBM or CA Platinum
• DB2 Administration Tool
• Change management skills
• Good interpersonal skills with initiative and drive.
• Ability to work well as part of a team.
• At least 3 to 5 years DBA experience
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to apply for this role.
Save to My Jobs
Location: Dublin Contact: Peter Kirby Skills Keywords: ZOS , Websphere
Description: Systems Programmer for SystemZ / Mainframe A number of IT Mainframe Infrastructure positions are available within this large Financial Services organisation...
Description: Systems Programmer for SystemZ / Mainframe
A number of IT Mainframe Infrastructure positions are available within this large Financial Services organisation. The positions will be filled on a fixed term contract or permanent basis in the Mainframe Systems Programming team. Successful candidates will work as part of a dynamic team environment, providing highly resilient and highly performing IT Infrastructure to our internal customers. The Mainframe team is responsible for the management, administration and technical support of a wide variety of Mainframe hardware (Mainframe Servers, FICON SAN, DASD Arrays, Virtual Tape Libraries) and Mainframe Software (zOS, CICS, IMS, DB2, WMQ and WAS and RACF Security).
Specific Role Requirements:
• Required: At least 3 years mainframe systems experience in any category of mainframe systems support.
• Required: A proficient understanding of the mainframe operating system and sub-systems environment.
• Required: Proficiency using ISPF, JCL, SDSF is essential.
• Required: Proven Mainframe Systems problem diagnosis and problem resolution.
• Required: Experience working with at least one of the major zOS subsystems: DB2, CICS, IMS, WMQ, WAS.
• Desirable: Experience working with Mainframe Security Products (RACF, zSecure).
• Desirable: Experience working with Mainframe storage subsystems (DASD, Tape, SAN, DFSMS, RMM).
• Desirable: Experience working with the Unix System Services environment.
• Desirable: SSL, ITCAM, Datapower, REXX, WLM, SMP/E, TCP/IP, Parallel Sysplex experience.
• Desirable: Proficient in data transfer (and transformation) to and from host systems.
Please apply asap if you are a Systems Programmer looking for a career move.
Do you seek the challenge of developing complex interfaces? Perhaps you are a ZOS wizard. If so then take the time to peruse this site. Whether it is a contract or permanent role you seek Eolas Recruitment is here to assist.
If you are unable to locate a suitable position from the selection of ZOS jobs available on the site please make contact with our recruitment consultants who are eager to assist.
Eolas Recruitment pride themselves on placing candidates in the top ZOS jobs in Ireland. For more information on contact us now on + 353 (0)1 286 6666 alternatively REGISTER NOW and receive updates of jobs to your inbox.